• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Associate
Where have you got that 'released in the 6500XT section' from? As far as I can tell, the 3050 had, and still has its own section on the site, and that's where the standard stock was posed.
a few people made a joke about hiding GPUs in the 6500xt section because no one would look there. I believe he got the wrong end on the stick on this one

Soldato
I imagine there will be some bad reviews of OcUK, from the scalpers having their orders cancelled. But they won't provide the reason why OcUK cancelled their order.

Associate
Very confused at these selling out everywhere so fast at £300+ :o

loads of people on old 9xx and 10xx cards most are nearly end of life

dont forget for everyone you see going on about a 3080 or even a 3070 they are way above what most people buy

Associate
loads of people on old 9xx and 10xx cards most are nearly end of life

dont forget for everyone you see going on about a 3080 or even a 3070 they are way above what most people buy
I agree, and they're probably on PCIe3 and not 4 so a 6500XT is trounced by the 3050.

Man of Honour
I will be honest, it has left us a little shocked, even more so how some of the £400 models sold and to now see the cards we sold at sub £300 already over £400 in ebay auctions by scalpers.

We live in a scalping world it seems and the biggest demand is from scalpers because they are so fast.

Our order buttons were live for only 5 minutes and in that time we sold it now seems 600+ cards with prices ranging from £265.99 - £469.99 and all cards sold out and over sold.

Wow. If it's really a majority that are scalpers then it seems like a very high risk strategy to me. Auction sites are full of scammers nowadays and one damaged return that the retailer rejects and they've lost all the profit and then some.

Soldato
I thought 125121080414 was cancelled, or did they just end one listing and repost in an attempt to hide order no?

edit:

Nice try.

Capture.jpg

OcUK Staff
I imagine there will be some bad reviews of OcUK, from the scalpers having their orders cancelled. But they won't provide the reason why OcUK cancelled their order.

Yep and this is the issue, no matter what we do, we simply cannot win, our online scores have halfed since these GPU launch fiasco, honest people who never got a card and then all the scalpers who had their orders cancelled. It really is a no win situation in many ways for resellers, of course business is good but damn it is very hard work these days as nothing is simple or straight forward like it was a couple of years ago.

Associate
Like most, I missed out. Got one in my basket elsewhere only for the site to go down before checkout.

I'm wondering if a 6500XT and the price of a PCIE4.0 MB is worth it instead?
Did that site begin with an "E", by chance? If so, I had exactly the same thing happen to me.

As for whether a 6500xt is worth it, I'd say it depends on what you have now.

Back
Top Bottom