• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3050 - starting at $249 (msrp)

Caporegime
I know it's absolutely mad.

Part of me wonders if it is stupid people just jumping on the scalping bandwagon and not really knowing what they are buying. Maybe they just see "latest GPU" and buy everything they can.

I mean those prices are really nuts (You can get brand new 3060ti's for that right now from actual shops.), but they make sense if you are buying for profit, otherwise it wont be worth it in the slightest.

Permabanned
I did doubt it myself if any 3050 would be sold at MRSP so fair play to @Gibbo and Overclockers for late this afternoon and the speedy shipping too.

Managed to buy a 3050 for £239 for myself and is replacing a 760 GB I currently use. Before that I did have a 580 8GB but sold it before prices became really silly for them!!

Associate

Absolute lols. If I didn't think some cretins would actually pay that, I'd say ship and let them get stuck with em!! Sadly, there are clearly imbeciles out there.

Just seen another guy on FB marketplace who has 5 cards available, all being delivered tomorrow :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad:

Top work at trying to get some cards into genuine hands though @Gibbo. I don't need one, but if I did, would have been a decent deal.

Associate
I have no idea how these bots work, but maybe there are enough new poeple trying bots to buy/sell GPUs, that some have it set to buy/sell at a higher price than you'd think would be worth while becuase of a typo.

Soldato
Yours truly snagged one for MSRP - £239 - from OCUK. Yes I have a 3090 but this is for another PC I want to build for myself; I just need to buy the rest of the components. Specifically a 12400 and a DDR4 ITX or DTX motherboard that's decent but doesn't cost a fortune.

Well done OCUK!

Caporegime
Cheap 3050 buyers are rushing to eBay as we speak!

80% off FVF at eBay upto 100 listings (Selected accounts) - hotukdeals

image.png

Associate
Stumbled on this thread looking for info on my 3050 OCUK order - had a confirmation email but it didn't ship? Guessing it's not good news but wondered if it's worth calling tomorrow to check

At my wit's end trying to replace my R9 290 I've had since launch

Soldato
I managed to get one of the £239 RTX 3050s from OCUK too.

That's the first new graphics card I've brought since... Maybe an 8800 GT in 2007. Can't remember if the HD4850 that replaced it was new or 2nd hand (Edit: actually fairly sure the HD 4850 was new. It's been a string of 2nd hand cards since then).

Kind of depressing if you consider that the 8800 GT wasn't that far off the top of the pile and cost about £175 IIRC. The HD4850 must have been even cheaper

At the moment I'm planning to put it in my main rig. My first ever graphics card downgrade.

Last edited:
Associate
To be fair any orders that could be identified by the OCUK guys, they had their orders cancelled :lol:

Wasn't a dig at OCuk, I know the guys make an actual effort when it comes to getting cards to gamers but following up on orders and cancelling relistings.. wow, above and beyond :cool::cool::cool:

Regardless of that, well done OCuk for getting the cards on the shelf at £239, bravo !

Back
Top Bottom