Australian Open 2022

Soldato
What a match Medvedev vs. Auger-Aliassime. Fantastic game. Auger-Aliassime looks a good bet as a future star, if he can build on this, but so far he hasn't faired well in the big games in tournaments.

I reckon Tsitsipas has got a shout as well.

I'm not convinced by Tsitsipas or Zerev (who's already out). Add Berretini to that list as well.

I think as Nadal and Djokovic decline, bearing in mind they are only 34 now. That some of those mentioned above will win a few majors and even get the No.1 spot, but I don't expect them to be dominant. We'll have a few years like we did from 2000-2004 when Sampras et al retired/retiring. Leyton Hewitt rose up for a while then dropped off the face of the earth at only 25. Andy Roddick had a brief spell at no.1 but against wasn't in the class of Nadal and the other aliens.

I don't think Medvedev is there yet either but his game is stronger than Tsitsipas/Zerev who I think make far too many mistakes and aren't clinical enough.

Associate
we have been spoilt with federer/nadal/djokovic all coming through at the same time. I agree i don't see anyone dominating like them but would make it potentially more interesting if there were different winners

Back
Top Bottom