• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3050 stock situation question?

Associate
I recently ordered the 3050 yesterday, thought I got lucky. I was informed today that the product was oversold, however in the coming weeks NVidia and board members would try to get orders out. Do I have a realistic chance of getting my 3050 by the end of February? I feel like if no more stock was coming then I would have just been refunded. Any advice?

Man of Honour
If you got a good price I would wait but no one can tell you definative timescale. You won't necessarily get a refund as stock is coming but when , money in there bank makes interest.

Soldato
I recently ordered the 3050 yesterday, thought I got lucky. I was informed today that the product was oversold, however in the coming weeks NVidia and board members would try to get orders out. Do I have a realistic chance of getting my 3050 by the end of February? I feel like if no more stock was coming then I would have just been refunded. Any advice?

Ask in the CS forum, OCUK will be able to tell you better than any forum member.

Associate
OP
Ask in the CS forum, OCUK will be able to tell you better than any forum member.
I got it for £340 which isn't as cheap as some of the £240 I've seen on here, I got the OC edition only because it was the first link I saw on a twitter post that a bot sent out and I basically clicked and bought straight away. Annoying that I basically overspent £100 but I've seen 3050s going for £500 - £600 so. I also have had a 960 2gb since it came out so. Big upgrade. Hopefully it comes in feburary. What was the Forum you recommended, CS?

Associate
I got it for £340 which isn't as cheap as some of the £240 I've seen on here, I got the OC edition only because it was the first link I saw on a twitter post that a bot sent out and I basically clicked and bought straight away. Annoying that I basically overspent £100 but I've seen 3050s going for £500 - £600 so. I also have had a 960 2gb since it came out so. Big upgrade. Hopefully it comes in feburary. What was the Forum you recommended, CS?
They have more stock coming in February. You'll be part of the first batch they get in. CS is customer service - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/community/ocuk-customer-service.116/

Associate
If you got a good price I would wait but no one can tell you definative timescale. You won't necessarily get a refund as stock is coming but when , money in there bank makes interest.
Not to distract from the OP's questions, but what world do you live in?

Next you'll be telling me that electronics get cheaper and faster each year and other children's fables!

Man of Honour
Not to distract from the OP's questions, but what world do you live in?

Next you'll be telling me that electronics get cheaper and faster each year and other children's fables!
I'm not sure what you mean

If it was a good price then wait in line for restock was my advice , pretty simple really .

Don't you think companies make interest on money they hold ?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If you're happy with the price I'd just wait, it won't be long. I don't think we're talking no order 6 months later like the high-end RTX cards were on release.

If you're not happy with the price, hey-ho, hit that cancel button yo :D

OcUK Staff

All 3050 back orders should be fulfilled by end of February, all board partners notified, along with NVIDIA as well to sort it out. Nothing over-sold by any huge amount, I think the Zotac over-sold by around 100 cards, the rest were less so, as such all the board partners should be able to fulfill that fingers crossed by end of February.

Associate
OP
I'd be saving an extra 100 and getting a 6600 over a 3050 at that price. 250 sure but not 340, that is just taking the ****
I mean the 6600 is £430 (on oc) so around a £100 more then the 3050 I got but its a worse card is it not? I mean I've had a 960 2gb since 2015 I m just happy to get an upgrade. Especially since for the same price second-hand Id barley be able to afford a 1650 super/1660. Its still a lot but Its not the worst deal for £340 since there's £400-£600 listings and models. Wish Id gotten the non oc model but I didn't have a choice and just bought the first one I could get. Lucky to get one at all to be honest.

Associate
OP
All 3050 back orders should be fulfilled by end of February, all board partners notified, along with NVIDIA as well to sort it out. Nothing over-sold by any huge amount, I think the Zotac over-sold by around 100 cards, the rest were less so, as such all the board partners should be able to fulfill that fingers crossed by end of February.
that's okay, thanks for the response

Associate
OP
If you're happy with the price I'd just wait, it won't be long. I don't think we're talking no order 6 months later like the high-end RTX cards were on release.

If you're not happy with the price, hey-ho, hit that cancel button yo :D
Ill stick with the order since even at £340 its good deal in the current market. I mean they all oversold, shows most people think its worth it.

Associate
OP
I mean the 6600 is £430 (on oc) so around a £100 more then the 3050 I got but its a worse card is it not? I mean I've had a 960 2gb since 2015 I m just happy to get an upgrade. Especially since for the same price second-hand Id barley be able to afford a 1650 super/1660. Its still a lot but Its not the worst deal for £340 since there's £400-£600 listings and models. Wish Id gotten the non oc model but I didn't have a choice and just bought the first one I could get. Lucky to get one at all to be honest.
oh wait no it is a better card. but its £100 so out of my budget

Associate

anynews from board partners if you don’t mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom