alpha release of br4.2

Soldato
http://www.shadyshack.dyndns.org/br4.2.rar

I have updated the br script to work with boinc 4.2 , it follows the same logic as the old one.

To get it to work you need to create a directory called c:\br and make sure the following files are inside.

account*.xml (one or more of your own account files)
boinc.exe }
msvcr71.dll } get these 3 from a boinc 4.2x install
msvcp71.dll }

remote_hosts.cfg }
regini.exe }
sc.exe } these are all inside the rar
boinc.reg.txt }
pcnames.txt }
br4.2.bat }

The old commands of Install, Remove , Start,Stop, have been working ok for me.

I have also added the following

GUI this uses the same principal as the standard install command , but instead of setting up a service it does a normal gui install and puts shortcuts in both the startup folder and the programs folder. (very limited testing of this function so far)

(you need to add boincmgr.exe and boinc.dll to the br folder for this to work)

UPGRADEG

This will remove all the files from as gui install (does not have to have been installed via a br script) EXCEPT for the account*.xml's , client state , global preferences and it also leaves the projects and slots sub directories intact.
(in short any part done or pending wu's are left in place , where as remove did remove everything)

UPGRADES

This is like the above command , but for a service install.

After running one of the UPGRADE commands , you can then run either INSTALL or GUI to install the latest version , this way no work or pending work should be lost.

Its only had basic testing so far , so you would be well advised to make a backup before trying it !!!

When I get up, I will work on it some more .

Shady

Associate
Testing

Tried it out

you say that boinc.reg.text is in the br4.2.rar download it isn't. Also when the script runs it asks for boincreg.txt rather than boinc.reg.txt (notice the .)

will look at it more closely after I've been to the dentist at lunchtime :eek:

Didge

Soldato
OP
Just updated the rar to include boincreg.txt , my error in not including it !!!

That txt files does not realy do anything other than provide the details inside the service description box, but the script checks for all required files otherwise it wont run (I just left that logic the same as the old versions).

Shady

Soldato
OP
I have not forgotten about this script and have some ideas to add to it , unfortunately and old neck injury has been giving me real grief lately and experience has tought me that when you have a pounding headache its best not to do anything as simple errors tend to creep in.

I will revisit it and finish it as soon as I can , to make matters worse my server has died so I need to rebuild or set up another one as at present remote admin access to machines can not be authenticated (this does not effect any of my crunching a I have a backup dns server).

Shady

Soldato
OP
I have a new version of the br script that includes the ability to push the project clients and other fixed files across the network to reduce a heavy download on initial install.

It should also be possible to include any proxy setting as well , hopefully Bully will be be able to confirm that this actually works !!

http://www.shadyshack.dyndns.org/br4.25

Note that at present this script will only work with

Climateprediction
Einstein
LHC
Predictor
Seti

Only the service install parts will work at present , I will fix the gui part later.

Shady

Back
Top Bottom