Team OcUK - we need your spare CPU cycles

Ken

Ken

Associate
Quick question...I'm sharing a 1MB connection with 3 housemates. Does F@H hog all the available bandwidth?

Cheers.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Otacon said:
Right, pulling my finger out. Rig at home is folding@home, and i'm looking into getting a spare server at work crunching for seti@home.

\o/

Then join TKC too :p
You type tons! You'd be great :) And a legend :p
I know it's TheBeanSprout's ambition to get all the mod team doing TKC :D

Soldato
I'll gladly be able to help some time in the near future - I now have a spare PC due to the wife just getting a new one. It's going to be a download box, but I need a few bits for it first that she stole for the new machine. When it's setup and ready I'll be on-board :)

Soldato
I thought I'd wandered into the DC Forum for a moment there! :eek: Quite confusing! :D

Yes, join us! Our Folding team is doing pretty well recently, and we're climbing the tables at a rate of knots! :)

Man of Honour
Haly said:
I know it's TheBeanSprout's ambition to get all the mod team doing TKC :D
It is my mission to get everyone doing TKC!

It takes but a couple of minutes and can then be left alone, accruing kliks :D

We need I reckon another 400 members if we want to get to the top!

Climbin' climbin' climbin'!

In other words, we need probably 30% of OCUK's daily visitors to sign up - no problem!

Especially all them gamers and SC types :cool:

We're gonna reach the top and never stop
And then it ain't gonna bother me

I wanna be a man mancub, and stroll right into town
Be just like the other men, I'm tired of mopin' around
Oo be do do I wanna be like you-ou-ou

Hmm, time for my medicine :(

Man of Honour
hilly said:
yea i really don't mind helping:

fx-53 (939)
1gb 3700 memory

Available to you, what project would be the most needed ?
Thankyou sir :D

Any project really....Seti is the one which we've fallen behind on badly, but I think the Folding team would see the most impact....the Seti team needs a serious fleet of machines due to the loss of several fleets :(

Folding is also more fun I suppose, a smaller team so the competition is more intense, and there's more sense of making a difference.

Oh, and you get Mr. Rich 99 million off your back too, he's terrible at teasing us Seti lot over to Folding :D

Don
TheBeansprout said:
Thankyou sir :D

Any project really....Seti is the one which we've fallen behind on badly, but I think the Folding team would see the most impact....the Seti team needs a serious fleet of machines due to the loss of several fleets :(

Folding is also more fun I suppose, a smaller team so the competition is more intense, and there's more sense of making a difference.

Oh, and you get Mr. Rich 99 million off your back too, he's terrible at teasing us Seti lot over to Folding :D

you think the folding machine would see the most impact ? Then i'll do that, though i'm not fussy either way, just happy to help

Will get on it now

Soldato
hilly said:
you think the folding machine would see the most impact ? Then i'll do that, though i'm not fussy either way, just happy to help

Will get on it now
/climbs down off hilly's back

welcome to the team :D
under my sig you may find some useful info \o/

Folding@Home will love your rig, Seti@Home is currently experiencing just a few problems (web page is totally borked) hopefully they will be sorted soon though :)

no matter what project/s you choose we all get along pretty well - apart from the odd few die-hard seti crunchers who think all other projects are just pure eeeevil :p

Soldato
OK...

I've just started running SETI on my machine and joined the OCUK team - it should get quite a bit of time from my PC as I don't use it much at the moment (need some new bits & pieces...).

The missus said she'll help as well - running it on her new 3.0GHz P4. Might get her to do folding?

And as I said before, once the spare machine is up and running that will be munching away as well :p

Soldato
Curio - get the missus folding, an excellent cause and not too geeky (Berserker's words :p), just don't make any jokes about folding sheets as you're likely to end up hurt :D

Welcome to the team Mekrel, you'll appear in the stats within an hour of your first WorkUnit being completed and returned :)

Anymore for any more?

Soldato
Must be some other people who could donate their CPU time to a good cause. It can be fun but you'll barely notice it if you don't want to, other than that warm feeling that you're giving something back to OcUK :p

Back
Top Bottom