Phase Change Guide

Permabanned
wel i think i might be shifting my system even though i only built it 2 weeks ago and going for amd 64 x2 and pahse is defo on the bord..in talks with the man himself about a system heheh

Associate
cavemanoc said:
What??? I can't hear you - did you say something... sounds like a jet-aircraft taking off in that room ;)

Zalman 7700 and 9500 are virtually silent and should get a healthy overclock on the new Venice cores, for a tenth of the price of a standard Phase Change setup.

Soldato
I might have dreamed this but when moving a phase cooler should it be kept upright?

Or does it need to stand if it is horizontal for a while?

I am going to a lan soon and it is rather tall with a case strapped to it so it may need to be laid down in the boot.

Permabanned
Steve said:
I might have dreamed this but when moving a phase cooler should it be kept upright?

Or does it need to stand if it is horizontal for a while?

I am going to a lan soon and it is rather tall with a case strapped to it so it may need to be laid down in the boot.

Horrizontal is fine, all the gas inside gets absorbed by tthe oil ( at least in my PE anyway) so thats why it takes a while to start up. to get the gas back compressed.

I think anyway, Marv will know :) lol
Im a phase change n00b too Steve

Tom

Man of Honour
Mindless_Moron said:
definatly sticky this.

anyway how loud is a vapochill LS? or a mach 2? i dont like loud, would it be better for me to stick to water if i don't want a large amount of noise?

The Mach II is a lot quieter than the Vapo LS under normal operation. Mach II startup temps are around 35-40db(a) and running db(a) is a lot quieter. You can also change the fan speeds by adjusting the software. Both the LS and Mach II operate at roughly the same levels but the LS uses a larger compressor and requires the fans to be run at a much higher volume in order to sustain the desired temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom