Project: Measure twice cut once! (56k no!)

Associate
these modular hipers kick major ass.

quoted for truth

let us know asap so we can adjust champange/shotguns accordingly...

edit: wanna donate that psu - i have needs....

edit2: its been half an hour - has it quite litetrally blown up in his face... :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
DSC00207.jpg

my creation... it's alive!!!!! mwahahahahaha wmhahahahaha

raaaaa! it works!!!

Soldato
OP
first post from the new machine :D

6800U installed and working fine, wifi installed and working fine.

So I guess I'm dremelling tomorrow because it really is in lots of bits atm!

:D :D :D :D

EDIT: woah! one hot momma! temps about 40 idle (my heavily clocked 570J doesn't get that far) and thats without my 6800U dumping its heat in there because I haven't reconnected the gfx block yet..

Thats for tomorrow.. to bed to celebrate! (by sleeping!)

Last edited:
Associate
lol - not refusing any donations here tbh, making my first trip into water with the sale of my ps2....
oh well, could be worse, it may be 40 degrees but at least the psu didn't blow up in your face like I profisised...

Soldato
matt100 said:
lol..

matt100 registered charity number 1337
Best. Charity. Ever*

matt100 said:
and monkeypants.. saw that, wondered who it was lol!
Heh, sorry I should have identified myself but oh well. You know it's me now. :cool:

*Well it would be if it was real, and there weren't any other charities other than the "Raymond Price fund"

Soldato
matt100 said:
sideviewofdoom.jpg

incedentally, can you see the bend in the mobo underneath the cpu? anyone got any suggestions for what this might be? I've tried loosening the supports for the cpu waterblock with no effect, could it be the placement of the mobo mounting points? I seem to remember having this problem with my current machine with an asus star ice before (and because) I went for water (dreadful HS)..
Just noticed that it looks like the block is sat on top of some of the capacitors around the CPU socket, is it? That may be why your temps are high...

Soldato
OP
lol..

updates tonight with luck.. might have the psu installed and if it's all in the lid can go an and you can all see how it looks properly!

All I've had to worry about then is some uv lighting and clocking the crap out of it :D

Associate
originally posted by monkeypants
I wish OcUK did UV lights.... or am I blind?

you will be after the uv lights lol

anyway

nice to see she's alive, only problem is, its been that long and that many chops and changes - I can't remeber wtf's in there lol

clock it anyway...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
monkeypants said:
I wish OcUK did UV lights.... or am I blind?

Anyway, a quick question about the fan that comes with it, any good? Loud? Broken? Smell funny?

UV light won't help you even if you are blind.. dunno about the stock fan, never used it as it comes on a molex rather than 3 pin, too messy.

m3csl2004 said:
you will be after the uv lights lol

anyway

nice to see she's alive, only problem is, its been that long and that many chops and changes - I can't remeber wtf's in there lol

clock it anyway...

I will of course clock it.. and it's taken this long because of a) bad planning and b) not being all that arsed to get it working.. patience, the next updates will be finales.. spent too long watching a program about pete doherty tonight to be bothered with it.

I prefer to call it.. organic, rather than a farce (yeah thanks monkeydrawers :rolleyes: )

Soldato
matt100 said:
UV light won't help you even if you are blind.. dunno about the stock fan, never used it as it comes on a molex rather than 3 pin, too messy.
What's this about UV lights not helping blind thing-stuff? I asked if OcUK have them for when I do my cube, but it's looking like it'll be next year before I'll be able to do it. (I'll have to wait until about this time next year to get my DT project back :mad: )
matt100 said:
I prefer to call it.. organic, rather than a farce (yeah thanks monkeydrawers :rolleyes: )
Well it's not really your fault, I blame the PSU. :p

Back
Top Bottom