Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 26th August 2005

Soldato
OP
kinnison said:
Why, is Kyzia going to be delivering a box of chocolates to the boss? :p
yes - diversionary tactic you see

be sure to glue the chocs to the inlay so that he struggles to get them out and the ingestion of the glue should have him on regular trips to the toilets to give you extra fiddling time :D

Soldato
Bigstan said:
:D

I think you may find me a little more difficult to shake off than you think.

I am waiting for the rest of the bits for my other P4 system to arrive from Shetland (where they have been gathering dust for the last 9 months :o ).

Once I get it up and running, it should boost my ppd to over 600 (assuming it gets QMDs like the other one) - it will be a welcome addition to the farm, whatever it's output.

Stan :)
Grrrr! You fiend. And being stuck out here till Dec I have no possible repost. :( Just you wait till I return, sir. I forsee an X2, a Dothan and goodness knows what else being ordered in order to claim back lost ground [shakes fist menacingly] ;)

Soldato
Actually, my return to Folding health may take a bit longer than I thought. It seems the WAP back home is dead (god knows why) so the Barton can't connect to the main rig to dump and receive new Woos :( It looks like I'll have to wait till I get back to the uk on R&R in Oct to sort it out....

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Trick said:
Actually, my return to Folding health may take a bit longer than I thought. It seems the WAP back home is dead (god knows why) so the Barton can't connect to the main rig to dump and receive new Woos :( It looks like I'll have to wait till I get back to the uk on R&R in Oct to sort it out....

Bummer mate :(

If it's any consolation, the P4 bits won't be here until next week sometime. I asked my Dad to pick them up and post them but he didn't get round to it and has had an operation on his hand today (the Maggie Thatcher claw thing), so I have had to ask my brother to do it and he can't pick up the bits until Monday. Being realistic, by the time he picks them up and gets them sent down and I get it set up, it will probably be next weekend before she's folding :(

Stan :)

Soldato
Been slacking with the following list of things that I need to fix,

Router, which seems to grind to a halt after 4 hours. Randomly lets me view the web or let FAH upload/download data. and when the web is working my linux machine can only see half of the web half of the time.
One pc has a virus so im having to format it and reinstall everything, its now formatted but I cant find the windows cd for it anywhere.
second pc is working fine but i still have to kick it over to the non-graphical version of FAH so it will work with World of Warcraft.
and my linux pc, well, I had to remove one hard disk, which seems to of had my swap partition on, whoops now i have no swap space. yay.

plus i have a nice cold and putting in 45 hours at work each week... things are getting fixed slowly.

Im so glad I spent £80 on a router that I knew would work lol!

Man of Honour
I've decided... :p

Broken hard disks for the black sheep award. :mad:

I don't know if mine's broken yet, but these's something decidedly dodgy going on somewhere. I'm going to have to procure another SATA cable (which is a PITA as I just completed an order with OcUK). :mad:

Broken or not, it'll cost me 48 hours crunching on one PC.

Back
Top Bottom