Recommend some tiny powerful spkrs + amp

Permabanned
Hello guys, all i need are some smallish speakers kind of like psilonaught had on his desktop - preferably beech/pine type colour whatever it is to match my room.

Also need an amp, nothing fancy at all. Cheap as chips, but up to the job.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Have a look at Kef's cresta 1's, they are suprisingly good for such a small package, my mum has some in the kitchen powered off a cambridge audio A1 amp, only 30wpc but still gives very pleasing results which can be heard about half a mile down the road:D

Seriously worth a look, very nice little units:)

Permabanned
OP
Cambridge audio amps seem pretty good. my mate has one which i think is the a1, and kind of what im after. anywhere in particular to look for these speakers buddy?

edit - re read it... your MUM has seperates in the KITCHEN?!

nice...

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Yeah, she asked for a replacement for her sony all in one tape thing so me and me dad went off to richer sounds and got the A1, Cresta 1's, a technics CD deck and a sony tape deck, sounds a lot better!

KEFCRESTA1.jpg

those are the speakers, she runs em with the covers on and they look v nice indeed

Permabanned
OP
Cool, i had RS in mind, so looks like ill have to trek into leicester and pay the shop a visit rather than order online for this kinda thing.

Cheers buddy!

Your help is much appreciated :)

theyre precisely what i am after, good choice!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Glad i could be of help m8:) go in RS and ask for a listen first though, i think ule be pleasantly suprised.

Just dont try and thrash them with loud D&B as the poor things cant handle it!

Permabanned
OP
Haha, nah, im not really that much of a D&B person myself, much more of an indie fan, but dont mind the odd bit of bass in my songs so long as it can handle a clear bassline im fine. I dont need nothing powerful, just something to handle audio from my comp and possibly other sources which i know the amp is upto ther job...

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The reason i recomended these was down to the request for small speakers, bigger drivers means a much bigger cabinet

You would be suprised at how good these little beasts sound, they defy their size imo, obviously they dont sound like my floostanders with 15" bass driver but for a smaller setup i would certainly be happy with them:)

Permabanned
OP
How much do those speakers come in at mate? I still havent made up my mind yet. I havent got a set budget, but kind of wanted budget speakers as its mainly just gonna be an amp + speakers for the comp you see and then possibly upgraded further down the line ...

Soldato
For four Vita 100 monitors and a Vita 100 sub it was £1500. Dunno how much sepereately tho' cos I bought them as a set. The monitors are ace thos cos tehy're small, but the put a bigger woofer in by making it overhang the edge a little. The looky and sound superb!

Back
Top Bottom