Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 7th October 2005

Associate
Thanks for the news Rich, you are Team 10s little star. :)
You keep us all informed about the team and its members ups & downs and help where ever you you can in the forum. Me thinks NeedleGunner should do you a gold medal :p ;)
Tom.

Soldato
OP
hehe i don't need a gold medal - if i had one i'd just pawn it and put it towards an X2 so i could try and regain a place or two in the rankings :p

i'm glad people like the news, it doesn't take me too much time and people seem to look forward to it so that's all good :) some credit has to go to good ol' slackworth really as it's his Seti news posts that gave me the idea in the first place

anyway let's get on with the Folding :p

Associate
Here's a piccy of 2 of my crunchers.. the bare ones :D I gave up on picture websites in the end and got apache web server running on my main pc.

2 crunchers.jpg

Associate
nah, they're behind the sofa.. under the heater. I'm hoping they're chucking out enough heat that I won't have to turn the heater on this winter :)

Liger's still going to stomp me today :(

Last edited:
Associate
PeterNem said:
Annoyingly my computer froze during the week about 75% of the way through a large 600pt WU and it started again from scratch, otherwise I woul dhave got my 2,500 tiffy, damn it!!! lol.

Good going all :)

I feel your pain. I was just ready to dump a 600 pointer, and stomp FatRakoon and somehow it messed up and it looks like I lost it :(

Sigh. I'm not running F@H on that box any more, out of spite :p Nah, I'm just clocking the pants off it so there's no point trying to run folding while it's unstable and foo.

Woot, I got a tiffy though! :D

Soldato
OP
my GF lost a WU tonight - was sitting here watching some tat on the TV when ***kerzapppp*** darkness ensued, hmmm odd

who'd forgotten to check the credit on the leccy meter then? :o

my WU started from where it was but the GF's must have been checkpointing at the time (what are the chances eh?) and had to start from the initial package - luckily it wasn't a 600-pointer and although it was about 70% done it was only about 10 hours of crunching i think :)

Associate
Bad luck Rich, I have the same problem being on a coin meter. Have to make sure its got credit on it or all hell breaks loose when 10 - 12 rigs suddenly stop. :eek:
10 hrs into a 364 pointer would have been worse, shame it did it on the check point.
What is your GF?

Associate
A bit of slacking from me last night, bought a Sappire GTO2 and tried to flash it but it didnt work so I was a rig down till this morning. Flashed it again with software from a different site and it worked, so the rig is up and running again. :D
Why do I have an edit button on my posts is it because I havent reached 100 yet?

Associate
Gotcha I can see my edit button but others cant. :o
When the first flash didnt work I lost video signal completely thought Id killed the card. Not good as I dont have a spare PCI or PCI/E card.
Anyway all is fine now and I only lost 12 hrs downtime folding on that rig.

Soldato
OP
sculptor said:
What is your GF?
my GirlFriend :p
obviously she didn't lose the WU - it was her XP2400+ (stock as the motherboard cost me a tenner and it shows :o)

hehe sorry bad habit of too much online chatting :o

we get £20 worth of cards and stick them all in at the time, that usually lasts us about 3 weeks (would probably do you about 3 days :eek: ) but since we've both been working time just flies and before you realise it you're sitting infront of a non-working tv in the pitch black :p

we have talked about getting it put back to a normal meter now we're both back at work but apparently it's not any cheaper (though i think it must be a tiny bit less really) and i'd much rather see how much we're getting through - just have to make a point to check it more often

Associate
Ah ha girlfriend. Dont bother with them anymore and not for the near future atleast. Saving for a deposit for a house, folding and buying my kids things they want dosent leave me with much time or money to have a girlfriend.
Its nice to have time to see my kids without complications and have a bit of time on my own to look after the business side of things.

Strangest thing I found when the lecky went off one night was waking up to total scilence, felt wierd. :)

Last edited:
Associate
What is your GF?

I like that.. not who is your GF? or how is your GF? but, WHAT is your GF? !! :D an alien perhaps??

lol!!

I've done the wife thing.. that didn't work out, not quite back to doing the gf thing again yet!! :p

EDIT: congrats on your no.19 slot, Liger - it's totally mouse-free I swear :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom