Bedroom Entertainment - Project Log

Soldato
OP
Updated again, practically finished
Just the NTSC GC games to do now, & ive gotta wait till they come through the post for that.

edwardcasbon1 said:
How do you find sitting that close to the tv when on your pc?
How do you mean?
For viewing DVDs on it? or PC stuff?

Ol!ver said:
I thought Id got the same TV, but the power button for mine is higher up, in the black casing......It's the same model number though, Im sure it is !
I think they just changed the casing on them. :)

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Congrats on the excellent setup
I have also decided to do something very similar in that i have limited space in my bedroom, however I am going for a much more drastic final product from how it is currently.However I am going to be overly ambitious and mine will probly come out silly(I plan on doing EVERYTHING myself, furniture, re-plaster etc)

So look out next month for a thread quite similar to this,Thanks a lot man for LOTS of ideas and components to look at.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Thanks, I am sure i will need it closer to when i start, im currently just throwing together design ideas and layout etc.

Soldato
OP
I find it an ideal position actually.
When im at my desk, im typically slumped over it, so i dont really see the telly itself. Which is one reason why i dont really play PC games on it.
But if i lean back in my chair, put my feet up on the desk, its ideal placement for me to completely relax, and either watch a film or play a game on my GameCube.
The same when im sitting or lying on my bed, its an ideal position in my eyes for everywhere apart from less than a meter away.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Hmm, the tv placement does seem like it would frustrate the hell out of me, but if it works for you I guess there isnt a problem.

Associate
Nice one boom I just got the same tv as you, check out F zero ntsc in PS its so fast and clean, it makes my eyes bleed, the metroid games look nice as well.

Soldato
OP
Adam Senior said:
how can u afford all that kit?
Hard work.
Ive worked 2 jobs and a lot of overtime to afford the telly. The other stuff was bought as/when i had the money. I tend to make good choices with the HW i choose, i research them thoroughly, making sure i know everything about a product, including flaws, and possible fixes.
You'd be suprised to learn how little i earn compared to a lot, but saving and not spending money on things that arnt needed has aloud me to build an AV setup that suits my needs perfectly, and a PC that allows me to maximise my productivity for work.

I would think about seriously tidying up them cables! i hate cablessss...
Cant be bothered atm.
Function over style my friend. :p

Associate
hERE is a picture of my room firstly before the whole gutting
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=304133

Here is a picture of what my rooms was like after i destroyed my room
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=328880

And here is the 1st concept i quicly made up for how im going to do it!
Feedback please.....
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=328879

Iv changed my design so my LCD will be in the centre of my room.
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=330180

the 2 shelf systems to the left and right are from ikea, havnt got them yet. Im currently painting. Iv got all my cables behind the wall also! :)

Soldato
OP
Lol.
Love the concept drawings! :p

The 3rd one seems best for TV placement/sound.
But it depends on how you use your laptop. If its your main machine, you might want to consider making part of you room, prehaps on the other walls, have a small desk on it, so you can use your laptop properly.
Otherwise, it seems fine. imo.

Back
Top Bottom