Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 28th October 2005

Soldato
OP
happytechie said:
I seem to get the best results (in ppd terms) by running one QMD and one other unit on my HT boxes. It also frees up a bit of memory making the desktop certanly feel more responsive for those 'other' applications that I really should use at ****.

HT
star out that sweary in future!!!

some of us have weekends to do here :p :D

Soldato
Wehey, consistently in the news since I started a month or so back. Shame I only have the one rig, and sometimes it slows down while I'm using it for gaming etc! Still, it'll have to do for now.

Soldato
rich99million said:
star out that sweary in future!!!

some of us have weekends to do here :p :D

sorry unky Rich :p

didn't mean to disrupt your weekedn with the mention of the w word :eek:

I was however performing tasks of a w word related nature :( Nothing like unpaid overtime is there. I promise not to mention it at the weekend again.

HT

Associate
I've been running the screensaver for a couple weeks now but i've just got the client as I should do a lot more with it performing 100% all the time (poor 60oC athlon xp :)).

I've only ever had 400 frames before that I can do in 2 weeks, but I just got a 3750 frames unit! Is there any point to these? ETA is 100 days :D

Associate
Ah its 2 days now. I guess the client works differently to a screensaver... already done 37 frames. On the screen saver that would have taken a few hours

Back
Top Bottom