NTL 10Mb Upgrades Starting Tonight?!

Soldato
New firmware fixed my download speeds nicely

10Mb.png

This is on a 120 modem with the new firmware.

Associate
Rang ntl on saturday and the guy said that noooooooooo1 had 10mb till december i knew this wasnt true from reading forums i didnt call him a liar or anything no doubt he was told to say that... anyways i asked if he would upgrade me and said it would be done in december
Well 4days later and im on 10mb anyways it did it itself overnight shame my modem cant do the full 10mb or so ive been lead to believe... (getting around 5mb max at moment)
Does anyone know if the SB4100 (on ethernet) will do 10mb? the guy on the phone said it would do (when phoned on the sat) but other people have said no.
Now theres a firmware update for the 120's do you reckon will be same for the 4100's? its a pretty old modem had it for like 5years.
I did ask for a newer one from ntl but with the them saying this one can do 10mb they wont change it.

Associate
Downstream 8995 Kbps (1,124.4 KB/sec) 9714 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 481 Kbps (60.1 KB/sec) 519 Kbps (inc. overheads)

I make that long post out and didnt even think about rebooting the modem DUH..
thanks broken hope sorted now lol

Soldato
aftershxck said:
still no hope of getting the full 10mb with those using the ambit silver 100 modem then? :(

One person using a ambit 100 got a firmware upgrade also and is currently using 10Mb at full speed, doesn't seem to be many people on the 100 modem reporting it though.

Soldato
well after not working when i was told it would be i called them up.

Got the run around by 3 diff call handlers, called tech support they said yes i can have it, they put me through to a lass called hannah she opened the gate,

I now have 10MB an i love her for it, hope my lass dont see this :D

Soldato
Holding on the phone line to CS as we speak to see if they can give me the 10mb upgrade here in stoke.. Will let you know in a couple of mins how I got on. Fingers crossed :)

** Update **

Just got through to the Welsh call centre and spoke to Andrew who says - Yes sir ill do that straight away for you now, just going to re-boot my modem.

** update **

Just re-booted my modem, upgraded hasnt gone through yet, im not sure how long it takes???, off to work now, so hopefully when I get back tonight it will be done

Last edited:
Soldato
scooby doo, get them to do it while your on the line,

the first guy told me he would do it, an never did, he was in wales n all the git, i then got the run around. Until a nice lass called hannah did it for me ;) while i was on the phone, she asked me to re-boot the modem run a speed test an it was done.

They can do it live, this 24hr thing is aload of crap they spout out.

Soldato
Datamonkey said:
scooby doo, get them to do it while your on the line,

the first guy told me he would do it, an never did, he was in wales n all the git, i then got the run around. Until a nice lass called hannah did it for me ;) while i was on the phone, she asked me to re-boot the modem run a speed test an it was done.

They can do it live, this 24hr thing is aload of crap they spout out.

Yeah, just got back from work, nothing has happened, no upgrade.

Soldato
ScoobyDoo said:
Should I wait then, do you think it might sort it self out overnight? and send the new 10mb config file to my modem.

Only in extreme cases will it take over 4 hours. Most of the time you will have it active 2 minutes after they've sent it. It will usually auto reboot the SACM too but there are so many out there, don't quote me on it.

Makes me wish I lived in Swansea... almost ;)

Soldato
s0ck said:
Only in extreme cases will it take over 4 hours. Most of the time you will have it active 2 minutes after they've sent it. It will usually auto reboot the SACM too but there are so many out there, don't quote me on it.

Makes me wish I lived in Swansea... almost ;)

Spoke to CS this morning, i hadnt been upgraded yesterday even though they said i had. The lady this morning did the upgrade whilst ill waited on the telephone and im now running at 1155k\sec :)

Associate
NTL are crazy mofos

How can you trust a company where you get a different response depending on who answers the phone.
I was rejected once, then rung again a few hours later to be told a firm NO again, the woman even went off and checked with her supervisor as I said that plenty of peeps are already getting the full 10MB, she was very abrupt and said a firm NO again, I was told to wait until December.
Anyway I rang straight back and took the option 2 on the phone, I told my story to another operator whos words where "yep no problem, reboot your modem in 30 minutes and should be ok"
Low and behold I now have 10mb running at full speed, modem is silver 120 and looks to have had the firmware upgrade.
Bizarre customer service !!

Back
Top Bottom