Seeing SetiClassic off in style!

Soldato
with folding at home, setting up the 2nd computer, do you put 2 in the machine ID?

cos I've just setup the 2nd PC and its not downloading any work!!

Soldato
[00:23:50] Loaded queue successfully.
[00:23:50] + Benchmarking ...
[00:23:52] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[00:23:52] + Attempting to get work packet
[00:23:52] - Connecting to assignment server
[00:23:53] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.122.112).
[00:23:53] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[00:23:53] Loaded queue successfully.
[00:24:54] Couldn't send HTTP request to server (wininet)
[00:24:54] + Could not connect to Work Server
[00:24:54] - Error: Attempt #1 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

Soldato
also, I've got another 5-6 PCs I wanna add, can I just copy the folders over? or is there a network install I can use for 2K/XP Pro?

Man of Honour
Soldato
Oh noes that server is down! Just when you htought you could escape the b0rkedness of b0rkley! It's possible your firewall is blocking port 8080. Do you have a firewall? Try pinging the server's ip address.

If all else fails, cancel out the command window or stop the service. Restart the window or service.

edit: You can copy over the executable and your client.cfg but you'll still need to execute it to create the registry keys. If you are so inclined you can make a batch file to do all that but it'd probably be quicker to do it manually.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
Give it a bit of time, it looks like the server for those particular Tinkers is down. It'll come back in a while. There are still a few dozen more servers that are up. You can let the machine wait until it can see the server or you can take it off deadlineless until it's back. Depending on what sort of machine it is you could draw a WU that takes up to a week to crunch, though it might hurt your points to have the box sit at idle until the network comes back up.

If it were my box I'd sign it up for regular WUs for now just to get it working. Later, in a day or two, I'd put it back on deadlineless where it sends and recieves 10 WUs at once.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom