Seeing SetiClassic off in style!

Man of Honour
Soldato
cgi2

w00t! Thank you Don 'Zerker. It's been a pleasure finding aliens for OcUK. Six days left until I get all foldy again though.

Man of Honour
I have a cunning plan. My plan will only work if I can make this graph move in the right direction, but it may not have a all encompassing postitive effect, other than maybe getting me to 200K a bit faster. :)

chartrpd.gif

Soldato
The race is over, guys. The gap has hovered at 140-145K for the last week, thanks to Borkeley doing what they do best. The only reason I can see to carry on is to achieve personal milestones.

Man of Honour
We still don't know, apparently borkeley are going to do a final run through the db to weed out "dubious" results, its close enough that we should keep on trying I reckon. Can't hurt anyway can it? :D

Associate
yer we might as well give it all we've got for the last 5 days. Even if we don't reach our goal we will at least come closer to it. Every little helps. 140K difference isn't that much really. Come on team, we don't wanna look back and think, if only!

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Sorry guys, but I think it's all over bar the shouting. Borkeley did for us as it should have been a much closer run thing, albeit that it was always going to be a tall order. It was fun while it lasted.

Major upgrading to my borged network means my output will die out in the next few hours. Still I did manage nearly 7500 WUs in around a month. It would have been nice to have got a 10k tiffy though.

Associate
mark128 said:
Hey, does anyone have version 3.03 of seti for linux. I can only find 3.08 on the downloads page and that version is slow thanks to borkeley

Not sure if you still need 3.03 - it's the static linked version which makes it way better than 3.08 on old Linux installations.

As of the duplicate results :

The client succeeds in sending the result but runs into an error from the reply which makes it keep the result on your local HD.

It retries to send the same result after an hour but - as the first send actually did not fail - receives the "duplicate" message this time.

The bad effect is, that it will sleep for one hour after each result, if you do not have a buffer tool or script controlled buffering of some kind.

p.s.: Registered on Fri Dec 14 15:20:11 2001 UTC

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Dunno what Borkeley were up to yesterday, but the seti@work stats suggest we added over 12k to our total :D - previous few days were only 5-6k.

That's good, except that "the other team" added over 25k yesterday :(

Back
Top Bottom