Seeing SetiClassic off in style!

Soldato
MGP said:
Dunno what Borkeley were up to yesterday, but the seti@work stats suggest we added over 12k to our total :D - previous few days were only 5-6k.

That's good, except that "the other team" added over 25k yesterday :(

Over the last 20 days of Bork, Mos and Sneesy have lost 8K per day between them. that's 160k down on our total and we're 145k behind now :rolleyes:
We should be in the No1 spot already :(

Grrr Argh!

Associate
Ok. Have borkeley sorted things out. This morning, at work i had to upload woo one at a time and my total was just above 10k.

Now my total is over 17k and my computers at home will upload all their woos in one go.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Whitestar said:
Ok. Have borkeley sorted things out. This morning, at work i had to upload woo one at a time and my total was just above 10k.

Now my total is over 17k and my computers at home will upload all their woos in one go.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Something does appear to be happening. The setiqueues I had, full of duplicates have suddenly cleared, and my credit too has jumped up.

Bit of a bummer if it's all sorted a with only a day to go, when most gave up a few days ago when things all looked futile due to Borkeley ineptitude.

Associate
MGP said:
In fact see Bokrley's techincal news http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/tech_news.php It's clear they have fixed something (seems to be aimed a boinc, but probably had a knock on for classic).

Makes sence seeing as tho most of the servers are running both boinc and classic processes.

Typical borkeley. They always seem to fix things after a fair chunk of people jump off the seti bandwagon.

Soldato
Whitestar said:
Typical borkeley. They always seem to fix things after a fair chunk of people jump off the seti bandwagon.
If a fair chunk of people jump back onto the bandwagon, can we win?
If we can, we need to move fast and try for a last minute push. Hopefully they will pull the plug at midnight thurdsay so we have a little more time.
If we can't win, lets just forget it and head for the number one spot in boinc instead. We can still beat them there, and we want to be team number 1 in something, be it boinc or classic.

If we need to rally last minute support, perhaps someone should start a thread in the gd, as its more visited than the dc forum.

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
With around a day to go, theres is no chance of getting back on line. At the height of the puch we were gettign 12-13,000 WUs a day. The gap is massive. The only way we would do it is by migrating someone with a large existing credit to our team, and that I think remains disabled.

At this point those who are still adding credit are doing so simply to acheive their own personal totals.

As for boinc - I doubt that is going to happen The bad feeling over things going wrong with borkeley will not help. There is just too much diversity of boinc and other DC projects that it is each to his or her own choice.

Associate
Name (and URL) Drinky
Results Received 7658
Total CPU Time 5.390 years
Average CPU Time per work unit 6 hr 09 min 54.2 sec
Average results received per day 6.31
Last result returned: Fri Dec 16 19:55:07 2005 UTC

Interestingly enough WU's are still registering

Back
Top Bottom