Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 6th January 2006

Associate
WJA96 said:
I'm not sure I'm into all this within-team stomping. It's a team thing.

I might rename all my machines anonymous for Team 10 - that should result in a fairly mighty stomp on week 1!

Maybe on the 2nd of May 2006 (That's when I should go top 5 on the team).

After that I'm not going to be able to stomp anyone ever again so I might change my name and start again.

It was a sorta joke! Ever since you came on the stage I knew I was going to be stomped!
Inter-team competition can be good sometimes, can get people to up the work-load.
I don't have anymore money atm, so no more naked systems for me :(

Cheers,

Kinnison.

Soldato
kinnison said:
It was a sorta joke! Ever since you came on the stage I knew I was going to be stomped!

I don't have anymore money atm, so no more naked systems for me :(

Cheers,

Kinnison.

I'm just changing jobs at the moment and it looks like I'll be in charge of a new SAP system at my new workplace. There are 35 brand new P4 660 workstations just waiting to be borged. That's 70 threads at roughly 225ppd (1 QMD every 2 days)= 15750ppd. The server and it's failover sister have 4 Xeons each. All of a sudden I feel quite light-headed....

Soldato
WJA96 said:
15750ppd.

:eek: This calls for the Borg!
borg3kt.jpg

Associate
(BoG) Napalm said:
I cry every time I go into college and see 100+ P4's sat there doing pretty much nothing all day.

I need to get friendly with their IT bloke :p

I second that...although I get enough fun clocking them up in my lunchtime :p

BIOS pass wasnt hard to work out.

Soldato
(BoG) Napalm said:
I cry every time I go into college and see 100+ P4's sat there doing pretty much nothing all day.

I need to get friendly with their IT bloke :p
Sad isn't it :(! If I were to be able to stick F@H on all of the PCs at mine, there would be over 350! Although needless to say they wouldn't know what hit them when the electricity bill came through!

Back
Top Bottom