SETI: We won!

Associate
Berkeley cleaned 900 cheaters from the top 10,000 today. The top 1000 and the team pages have been updated, although the final team stats haven't.

Overclockers UK

SETI.Germany

I'll quote part of a post by Rattledagger on Ars Technica:
The team-stats was last updated before the purging.

If you compares the team-listings against top-1000 you'll among other things see SETI@Netherlands #1 is missing...

Looking on SETI.Germany, #4 has dropped with 90554, #5 has dropped out of top-1000 so over 200k, #7 shows zero in profile meaning another 266666 dropped, #9 drops 77972, #10 is another no-show, #11 drops 57080, #14 is another no-show, #16 drops 69367, #19 yet another no-show...
Summing up, if haven't overlooked something, this means a drop of 1M.

As a comparison, OcUK has all credit on their top-17, not sure on the rest...

So, if these stats is correct, it can look like SETI.Germany will drop to #2, while OcUK takes #1...

Well done chaps!

Associate
When it was announced that they would be cleaning the results i thoguht we might close the gap or even possibly just nip ahead of them, but i never expected them to drop over 1.8millions units!!! :eek:

I also thought we might lose few, but apparently not. :D

Associate
<penfold>Ooo Crumbs!</penfold>

Well done, everybody! :) :D

<edit> Maybe one of the better known luminaries should mention this some of the places we've been pimping, just to say thanks! </edit>

Alan Woodford

Last edited:
Soldato
This only confirms, what we have known for a long time, that team OcUK are the Greatest team in the world :D

Well done all especially those who have SETI Classic units to their name :D

HT

does anyone know if there is a way of getting my (rank 166) name back on that list?

Last edited:
Soldato
wooo HOOO!
well done guys and gals, I KNEW WE WHERE THE CHAMPIONS!

are we going to go and pimp this a bit in S@NL/Seti Germany forums?

Last edited:
Soldato
That's utterly incredible. The mighty troops of Team OcUK have proved what we all knew - that Overclockers UK is the greatest DC team in the history of the planet :D

Soldato
Well done all. A terrific job :cool:

It appears that we only had 1 apparent (according to Berkeley) cheater who got the chop, Scythes and Sickles. Tis a shame that we had any alledged cheaters but oh well.

Dunc

Soldato
I guess you'll always have the odd one in the team... looks like SETI Germany on the other hand were riddled with them, at the top end of their leaderboard as well.

<controversial theory>
Classic IIRC was pretty easy to cheat, if you kept submitted WUs for a few days you could submit them again and the server would accept them? With so many doing it within SG, makes you wonder if it was something the odd person decided to do, or some form of team effort to stay in front? 2 million dodgy units isn't something that one guy has cooked up in his bedroom... and they had plenty of time to think of it.
</controversial theory>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom