My Manchester pics....

Soldato
Just quick-processed some of the better pics from manchester, unfortunately, weather was crap so don't comment on the grey skys :(

Chandalier at britannia hotel....

britanniachandaliersm.jpg

Imperial war museum from the lowry outlet centre....

imperialwarsm.jpg

Lowry bridge 1....

lowrybridge1sm.jpg

more to follow.....

Associate
i think 2,3,4 & 5 are all crying out to be black and white shots. Due to the light you'll find it so hard to get shots with impact in colour imo. I hate muggy days.

I recently did and engagment shoot with a couple on a very muggy day, in colur the shots were dreadful. converted to b&w, boosted the levels and the shots came alive.

Soldato
The chandalier shot is nice. I agree that some of the shots would look better in Black and White. However I would suggest doing it by editing it in I think the curves palette if you use Photoshop. I dont know the equivalents in other software.

I could have a go at it if you like? Would help me with learning more of Photoshop :D

I also like the Lowry Bridge shots, I go past that bridge every time I go to Uni in Salford.

As for the Wheel... I believe it is called the Manchester Wheel, and not the Manchester Eye.

I love Manchester and love seeing pictures. Some great places for photos is up near Victoria Train Station. You have the station, the Cathedral and also the Shambles, which is a pair of pubs... All just off the Triangle :D

SiriusB

Soldato
Hmm. I'd say never go out and do architecture shots on overcast days. You don't get decent light. You get flat colours and dull grey backgrounds. The composition in the first 3 is slightly off. For example, the 2nd one has a railing in it. The 3rd one is just off to the left. The first city center shot needs the horizon levelling and its just too busy. Part of a tree, bits of buildings, people and things. Theres nothing to really focus on. The Urbis shot is too dark and exposed for the sky, which unfortunatly is dull. The last 2 Eye shots need their horizon levelling.

Manchester has some great architecture so get out there on a sunny day with a polarizer and think about how to position elements in your shot.

Back
Top Bottom