ViewSonic VA2012w

Associate
Has any one got their hands on a one of these new ViewSonic monitors? How do they compare to the Belinea 102035W?

Any serious backlight bleeding?

Associate
I would also like to know about this too, I was going to buy the Belinea 102035W 20.1" Widescreen tomorrow but someone says the price has gone up. Its now £340. Is it worth putting the extra £30 towards the ViewSonic as its in "this week only" for £370.

Any thoughts on this would be great thanks.

Soldato
Well i am no monitor buff. But for one thing the Viewsonic panel has a TN panel and the Belinea an MVP panel meaning its more up to date on the Belinea. I also think that the MVP panel gives better viewing angles etc. But I am sure Baddass will come in and tell you all of the facts. I also think if u do a search there was another post about this aswell.

Man of Honour
The Viewsonic uses an 8ms TN Film panel from CPT (Chunghwa Picture Tubes) which is designed to be aimed at the gamers market. This is one of the first branches of the TN Film technology market into screens above 19" in size, and will allow manufactures to keep the cost of the screens low, while also aiming at the ever popular gamers market. The Belinea 102035W on the other hand uses a P-MVA panel from AUO, which does indeed offer much wider viewing angles, smoother movie playback and a true 8 bit colour depth when compared with the Viewsonic VA2012W and other TN screens. It really depends what you're looking for, but models like the Belinea which are not based on TN Film offer much more all rounded performance, and thanks to the application of overdrive, can now offer some decent gaming performance too :)

Back
Top Bottom