20"+ HDCP Compliant Monitors

Associate
I'm seriously considering buying a 20" screen soon (possibly bigger if the price/budget allow), there just isnt enough space on a 17" anymore. However, i'd rather that I didnt have to buy another one when Vista/HD-DVD/Blueray etc comes along and requires HDCP.

So, what are my options?

Soldato
There's a new dell 24" widescreen coming out with HDCP...to replace the 2405FPW 24" LCD..
But it will most likely cost you a lot more.
And you most likely be waiting for at lest a year or more for all this HDCP stuff to come main steam.

About £500 for the 2405FPW 24" LCD is a bargain price now (no HCDP)..

or the Belinea 102035W 20.1 at £289.95 excluding VAT (no HCDP).

There should be quiet a few new monitors being release over the next 6 months with HDCP support..But there still pretty rare now..

:) HDCP support don't really worry me on my PC,,I always watch my movies on my T.V :)

Last edited:
Associate
the only one i know of with HDCP is the gateway 21" widescreen, but that's only in the US at the moment

there was a hint that OCUK might talk to them about it, but it would be higher priced as they'd need to managed the returns/RMA stuff themselves

any news on this, anyone?

edit: here's a link to the original thread on this screen:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17521634

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The whole HDCP this is really annoying me; theyre desperate to make everyone use it but theres virtualyl nothing avaliable (especially in the UK) that actually supports it.

That Gateway screen is a bit on the fugly side for my liking, especially if i'm spending that much oni t...

Soldato
I think even microsoft is going have a very hard time trying make everyone in the world replace there LCD/CRT just for there new windows Vista software and play a few movies on your PC.....
I can never see that happening over a short time...

Same goes for sky+ etc..
They going want everyone replace there TV for one with a HDCP input..(I can't see all these people that has just spend £1000s on there new LCD TV in the last few years just dumping them because they need a HDCP socket)

Most people i know has still got a standard CRT for there main TV and has no interest or even thought about paying out for a new TV.(not even for a LCD).
They have better things to do with £500 to £1500.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom