In need of guidance!!!!

Associate
I am looking to buy a 17"-19" monitor this week & having been out of the game for a while need some guidance, I only use the pc for Email,Ebay & extensive use in Photoshop so would ideally like a really sharp image,i dont intend too use it for games at all. Can anyone recommend a suitable monitor?
Regards
Badrallach.

Associate
Hi there Badrallach,

I'm sorry in that I can't offer advice on any current models but if you are looking to do extensive work in Photoshop, then I would advise going for a CRT simply because you get better colour depth and also require a smaller dot pitch. I'm sure there are some great TFTs that would suit you, but it will cost you a heck of a lot more to get the same kind of quality and sharpness.

I bought a NEC-Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930SB 19" CRT a while back and that is good for all but professional editing I believe.

It cost me £270 from OCUK just over a year ago. It's been top notch and the picture quality is very crisp.

Man of Honour
welcome to OCUK badrallach. If you're looking for a TFT for static work and image editing / photoshop then i think you would benefit from looking at the models which are not based on TN Film panels. There are a few models which are based on other technologies including PVA, MVA and IPS which would be more suited. They offer much wider viewing angles, smoother movie playback, a true 16.7 million (8 bit) colour depth (as opposed to a dithered 16.2 million on TN panels) and a deeper black level as well.

I would have a look at the Dell 1905FP perhaps since it nis based on a 20ms PVA panel from Samsung. This offers arguably some of the best static image quality in the 19" market. You could always look at the 20" models if you wanted a higher resolution as well. The Dell 2001FP, 2005FPW and Belinea 102035W are all well priced and offer S-IPS (Dell models) and P-MVA (Belinea) panels. You will get a bright, crisp and clear image from all these models and all are well suited to static work :)

Back
Top Bottom