Acer 19" Widescreen Monitor

Associate
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has the 19" Acer monitor on offer on the OcUK shop at the mo? It seems like an unusually low price for a monitor with such good specs. I've seen widescreen monitors before, namely Dell ones, but i've never seen one with 1440x900, and i'm interested in what it looks like compared to the 17" tft at 1280x1024 which i'm using at the mo? Anyone have any input? It's mainly gonna be used for gaming and movie watching if that helps.

Cheers guys,
AP

Associate
For gaming and movies it is fine but you lose a lot of vertical size with the desktop. You'll find yourself forever scrolling in web pages and documents. A 20.1"" widescreen monitor has almost the same vertical resolution as a 17" TFT. I've used all 3 resolutions.

Soldato
Take a look at some laptops with 17" widescreen displays in your local computer shops ..And that should give you a pretty good ideal of what this 19" widescreen will look like..

Associate
My widescreen laptop great for all sorts of media things but web pages, word processing and tall spreadsheets are all more painful as you get less page height and have tos croll a lot more.

Associate
Having just recieved one not 30 mins ago,I can confirm what boosfuk said is right. Vertically, moving windows from the Acer to my 17" CRT at 1152x864 doesn't create a lot of change.. which is great!

Back
Top Bottom