Dell 1905FP

Ken

Ken

Associate
Hi,

My sister is going to buy 3 Dell systems and wants TFTs instead of the CRTs that's bundled with them.

It's for her business. The systems will run day to day office applications etc. I immediately thought of the 1905FP and checked Baddass' TFT Selector and it was recommended. Anandtech seems to love it.

My concern is that the review is over a year old and TFTs have improved significantly. The 20ms response time is worrying me but games and movies won't be played so I guess it's OK.

Just need some opinions/advice before I tell my sister to order these TFTs (or not).

Thanks in advance. :)

Man of Honour
the 20ms PVA still offers some of the best static image quality in the market, and that screen is still a very good choice for office applications for sure. There have been improvements in responsiveness over the last year in the PVA and MVA panels but this doesnt bare any relevance to the use she will be getting from the screens. There is also a chance she might get the newer 8ms edition anyway as per here :)

Soldato
Why on Earth would the response time affect a general office PC anyway? Chances are high that those monitors will never see much fast moving pictures :)

-RaZ

Back
Top Bottom