CRT Monitor Probs

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Hi Guys of the Monitor section.
Monitor is a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930 SB.
Symptons are a Small gap appearing at the top and bottom of my screen periodically. If i move the mouse over the start button it happens or if i have a few browsers open. It will also happen just on Desktop but not as much.
First noticed in game. No loss of colour or freaky carp just the gaps at top and bottom. It sort of flickers and the screen goes smaller at the top and bottom.

Tried.
Alternative GFX drivers. Unplugging replugging cleaning twice. Updated Monitor drivers.
Have put my old monitor back on and it hasn't happened once.

So does anyone know whats wrong. heard about it before etc.
If not where can i get it fixed as its a gorgeous monitor.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Associate
Sounds very simular to the symtoms iam having with my viewsonic moniter.
Does the image sorta rescale itself?
Have you noticed when the moniter is cold it does quiet fill the screen, but after a few hours of use it fills it lovely?
I tend to get it with the left and right sides of the screen were it seemed to automaticly resize its self, then it would turn its self off.
I found it would do this when i was a destop viewing webpages, emails. opening closing files.
Cut a long story short, my moniter died a terrible death. "the transformer blow up, well not into small pieces any way." :mad:

Finally does the moniter make funny noises, simular to a buzzing noise. If so contact the manufacturer. its on its last legs! :eek:
Best wishies VIPeR.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Great News.
I rang NEC/Mitsu up and some Lovely lady took my seriel number. When she came back she informend me that i had 4 months left on my Warranty. :D
Chuffed to bits. Even though i admitted to being the second owner the warranty applies and they are sending me the tickets for the DHL costs. Couldn't be better if you ask me. She even said they aim for a quick turn around and try to get it back to you within 5 days.
She recognised the problem immedietly saying it was a problem with the Vertical hold thingy. She was also pleased that we caught it as it is rather than later as it goes into a completely white line eventually and thats Bad.

So its all wrapped up in its original packaging and some extra stuffing ready for shipment.
This story has a Happy Ending.

The End. :p

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Bumped for Goodness.
Yes its true NEC/Mitsu are my current favourite company.
Purchase goods from these Dudes confident in the knowledge that they Honour there 3 year warrantys even to second users.
Excellent product (Mitsu 930SB) Fantastic after sales. Returns wise they are sending me tokens, footing the Bill and aiming to repair and return within 5 working days.

Now if you are pondering over which monitor to buy you can consider this post and my experience.
Your money is safe if purchasing NEC/Mitsu.

High Praise but well deserved i think. :cool:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
So in my Opinion NEC/Aftersales are Excellent and cannot be topped.
BS.
They can by themselves ffs.
So i am sitting in waiting for DHL to pick my monitor up when BANG my door about comes off its Hinges. No problem there here and thats all that counts. I stood watching him place my beloved monitor in the back of the Wagon and Waved goodbye. :p Happily remembering the times we had spent together.
Longing for its promt return knowing my life is incomplete without it.
After waiting to long after the van had left i closed the door and returned to my Desk happy that i at least had a monitor to use whilst Beloved is away.
Then my phone rings its NEC :confused:
Hello Mr ***** we just wondered if you received our tokens and whether the monitor had been picked up yet as we are Anxious to sort the Issue out ASAP.
HOLY BEST IN THE WORLD COMPANY AFTERSALES SERVICE BATMAN.

WTF is going on here then. I can only put it down to a conspiracy engineered by brains far larger than my own.

One thing my simple Brain Can work out though is that if NEC sell absolutely Anything i want Regardless of Distance or cost i am buying it.
I am 40 years old and its taken me all my long life to find a company that treats me Exactly how i want to be treated.
Not special just reasonable and Informed of whats going on.

So if you are thinking of making a purchase and there is an NEC option fear not and Buy it. :cool:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
So DHL picked it up Monday.
Delivered back midday today. I won't know whether the problems fixxed until i have had it on for a while but it looks great at the moment.
They even cleaned some marks of the screen that i couldn't.
Alls right in my world again and NEC/Mitsu get some more Bumped goodness from me. :cool:

Associate
Hello Malc, same thing here. Diamond Pro 930SB, only mine frequently went to a thin white horizontal line. Rang Nec up, sent me a box collected next day returned 2 days later all done and monitor screen polished to a T (at no cost to me). Best thing of all my warranty ran out on the 31/1/06, I called on this day at about 4.30 pm, it was no problem at all, have to say I expected a load of bull etc but non whatso ever they could not have been more helpful.
Top marks to NEC, a company as you say that treats you reasonably and with respect.

Associate
This is a very common problem with that monitor , eventually the screen would've collapsed into a thin white line in the middle of the screen, Good thing it was still under warranty tho.

Soldato
That problem with partial or full collapse of the screen is called "frame collapse" if anyone is interested.

If left in a white line for too long it will result in permanent screen burn.

Saw it quite often in the TV repair shop I used to work for.

Soldato
I've also had EXCELLENY service from NEC with my 930SVB last year. Bought it second hand and found out it was an old version that had problems with Nvidia cards. Rung them up gave the serial number and straight away they asked me if I wanted a replacement or repair! I took the replacement so I wouldn't be without a monitor. It arrived at no cost to me and they picked up the other monitor a few days later!

I even managed to see what a dual screen 930SB setup would look like!!!

Back
Top Bottom