Dry Ice starter thread

Soldato
OP
Nah just the mods for the fsb jumper and power pins so they didnt stick up, There was a mixed reaction over at xs and a lot of folk didnt find it made much difference so i didnt bother

Can't take credit really it was welshtom who did them for me as my soldering skills are crap :p

Associate
yeah i was gonna say, my mate did them and it made no difference then he knocked a cap off and killed the ct lol - not really worth it

bloody welshtom, hope he likes my ps2 :p ;)

Soldato
OP
Only 200 but not used clockgen yet that'll come tomorrow ;)

Xp is installed with only 12 processes running which is still more than i'd like but that'll get sorted soon enough.

Drivers are installed and i got 17300 in 3dmark01 with everything stock and no tweaks, only running one stick of ram to since i forgot about that before lol

Soldato
OP
17900 now, decent 600 point increase from dual channel :)

No cpu clockage going to happen though till i get the bios sorted as its reseting itself every time i boot up and clockgen can't go all the way from 133 to >250 since agp locks would kill be :(

My overall goal is 40k and i'll be very, very pleased if i hit it.

EDIT: Yep using clockgen really doesnt work if you try high fsb's with no agp lock :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Small increase to CPU has netted 21000ish in 3dm01

Which gives it around 2500 points from 300mhz. If this is a linear type of increase, if i get to ~3.2ghz that should put me around 30k. Then with tweaks and high clocks to the x800 i could be on target :D

Soldato
OP
Well it was short lived, got 2 broken ct-479 adaptors now, can only put the problems down to these.

One wont post at all, the other has a missing pin and keeps telling me i've changed the cpu so resets the bios everytime :(

No money for more either atm, hopefully it'll be revived soon

EDIT: Nope worse, seems the ct-479's are fine however the dothan wont boot in either of the adaptors :(

Now stuck at the decision point of do i sell my nicely modded x800 to pay for a new dothan and be stuck with a gf3 ti500, or do i just use and old celeron m which does ~2.3 and keep the x800.

Last edited:
Soldato
did you kill the cpu putting the mach2 on it ?

i dont mind testing the dothan if you like, i gotta take my XP120 off to fit a xp90c soon anyway.

(edit, it must be the cpu really, i assume you tested the adaptors with smelerons, offer is still open anyway.)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nope not a clue what killed it, didnt even make it to the mach 2 stage :(

Dothan plus ct-479 with broken pin worder last night and got the above scores

This morning the same, so i took the ct-479 out and put another in which has no broken pins, no post.

Took that out and put the broken pin one back in with the dothan and no post again.

Tried a celeron M with dothan core and it posted, so tried the celly in the other ct-479 and it posted and worked fine, changed to the 730 and no post again.

I've a feeling at one point i took the dothan out (i assume between the changing the adaptors the first time) and installed a ihs, but dur to the extra height the stock cooler wouldnt fit so maybe i tried with too much force to get it to fit and that broke it i'm not sure

Thanks will add you to msn mate

Associate
99% proved to be pretty much spot on :(

prehaps sell 1 ct and the celeron m that should maybe get you to 50 quid, i know some selling a dothan at close to that :)

edit: flog the dothan as spairs/repairs on auction aswell :D

Soldato
OP
Dont really want to sell either ct-479 as one is faulty and the other i need lol.

I have 2 celeron m chips which i'm going to sell soon.

The dothan is going to stiggeh tomorrow hopefully he can get it working and buy it :p Dont see a dead dothan selling for much though

Back
Top Bottom