Dry Ice starter thread

Don
I'll chip in with liquid electrical tape for insulation (thanks to Trixxxy). Great stuff, paint it on, let it dry and once you've done with it you can easily peel it off leaving no mess.

Jokester

Soldato
Man that tape looks great... wish we had that back in the old days :p

Anyone tried that for insulating the socket in a Mk2 Gt mount?
I am wondering applying that, first in the boardds pcb and socket,then applying dielectric grease on top, if its gonna solve all the long term condensation probs with phase change running 24/7...

Don
Brwmogazos said:
Man that tape looks great... wish we had that back in the old days :p

Anyone tried that for insulating the socket in a Mk2 Gt mount?
I am wondering applying that, first in the boardds pcb and socket,then applying dielectric grease on top, if its gonna solve all the long term condensation probs with phase change running 24/7...

Don't think you would be able to use the tape in the socket as it sets like rubber, so either it would set before you put the CPU in or the CPU would be a struggle to get out of the socket once it dries if you put it in wet.

But it's great for painting onto the PCB before putting neoprene/foam over the top.

Jokester

Soldato
Marvt74 said:
Hahahahaha Matt i win, new chip is here and still on page 1 :p

Windows seems buggered though so just re-installing then hopefully the mach2 will see life again, it's been bored for a while now :(

so what you're basically saying is that by post 70 you have a chip which appears to work but you haven't got windows running?

I don't consider this lost! The wager was getting something working.

;)

10 posts left!

Soldato
OP
Nice quick rush there but :p

untitled4ze.jpg

Soldato
is that air coled?

thats faster than my 2.65 X2 by a couple of seconds already :(

anyway.. I really ought to be working, I'm sure people are looking over my should thinking "that lazy b*****d is browsing forums!"

Soldato
OP
Bah damn you dothan

Ok dilemma you folks can help with.

I can either

A. Take the IHS off my dothan and fit the mach 2
B. Leave the IHS on my dothan and try and botch the mach 2 on another way
C. Ignore the mach 2 altogether and use air untill i buy dry ice
D. Botch the mach 2 onto the x800 and use air on the dothan
E. Kill them, kill them all

Soldato
ignore the heat spreader and just fit the round part of the march 2 to the center of the dothan and should cover the hot spot and then the rest will be cooled by conduction of the plate. and hopefully no water will get in there if it can be sealed somehow. good luck :D hope it goes well.

Back
Top Bottom