TFT MESS UP

Associate
hey guys i got a 19inch tft montior n it keeps going black but power light stays on ?? all cables are in fine but keeps doing it any one know of anything i can try coz i cant send it back coz i got it from my mate worked fine for like 4 days n now this :( plz help

Man of Honour
try the screen on another PC? Make sure the resolution is set at 1280 x 1024? Make sure the refresh rate is set at 60Hz? If possible, try a different VGA cable? Maybe try it on DVI as well if it has it?

Associate
OP
refresh is at 120htz seems to work good on tht but i think its the monitor but its not got a dvi cable with it so cant try it will have to get one to rule out the card completly hope fully will be my card coz i need a new one i dont rly wonna have to spend more money on buying a new tft
but thanks for the advice will let u know how it goes

Man of Honour
Refresh is on 120Hz?!?! :eek: you definitely want that down at 60Hz mate, thats the reommended and optimum refresh rate for a TFT, they dont work the same way as a CRT

Associate
INFECTION said:
refresh is at 120htz seems to work good on tht but i think its the monitor but its not got a dvi cable with it so cant try it will have to get one to rule out the card completly hope fully will be my card coz i need a new one i dont rly wonna have to spend more money on buying a new tft
but thanks for the advice will let u know how it goes

Woah boy! Listen to the BADDASS, 120 is way to fast, like double what it's supposed to be???? :eek:

Associate
OP
ok its got to the point where i cant be arsed to turn tft on and off to make it work for 5 mins its just making me :mad: so nicked my sisters crt its huge ugly n is taking up all of my desk does anyone have a 17 or 19 inch tft for sale?

Man of Honour
it might, but then you coudl well have damaged the monitor by running it at 120Hz. That's well outside the maximum supported refres rate. Maybe try a DVI cable, but at 60Hz! :)

Associate
INFECTION said:
yeh did that man still dint work correctly did it through my ati control pannel is there anyother way ?

Right click on desktop
Properties
Settings (tab)
Advanced (button)
monitor (tab)
Screen refresh rate (set to 60)

Soldato
Baddass said:
it might, but then you coudl well have damaged the monitor by running it at (60Hz) 120Hz. That's well outside the maximum supported refres rate. Maybe try a DVI cable, but at 60Hz! :)

/typo ;)

Back
Top Bottom