Dell 2005FPW - Opinions or Alternatives

Soldato
bmwx12 said:
I can't comment on the UK Dell service department, but here in the US they will ship you out a new monitor and a box ready to go to ship your broken one back. Sounds like some pretty darn good service to me.
What something "sounds like" and what you actually experience can be very different. The next day swapout sounds very good and is one of the reasons I bought Dell however the reality was 90 days (yes 3 months) due to errors on their part. The 7-9 days I was told it would take to issue a refund has also been severely compromised due to further errors on their part, it's been 40 days and I'm still waiting. It's easy to read those figures but beleive me it's been a hell of lot of effort on my part and very little in return. My advice which you are free to take or ignore;

DONT BUY DELL

Soldato
I just bought a 2005 from OCUK and its a stunner - was watching Buffy series one in a dark room earlier and there was no problem at all

As far as I understand it watching DVD's with very dark / night time scenes will highlight any bleed - and I could see none at all.

Soldato
I have one.

Awesome for games...no ghosting whatsoever.

However, severe backlight bleeding issues especially in FS2004 nightflights.

Back
Top Bottom