LCD Monitor for £350 - brightness perfection

Soldato
Hi all,

My friend requires a new TFT monitor. Now the important thing is that the screen isnt too bright. He doesn't wear glasses or have any eye problems but bright screens make his eye's sore and give him headaches.

He tried using my Dell 2005FPW and he found that WAY too bright for office work (as per the reviews etc). It gave me headahces too for long periods of office work. Excellent for games mind..

He wants a screen of 19" or above and max price of £350. I've been looking at the Viewsonic VP930 or VP191 as these seem to fit the bill.

Problem is I hear so many conflicting views, i.e; the VP930 is waaay too bright, its perfect, it needs adjusting bla bla that I'm a little confused.

Any other recommendations on monitors? Help is appreciated :)

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

On my screen in uni I can turn down the backlight on the menu. There must be plenty of adjustments on the VP930 !

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the response.

Yep I know you can, problem is on most panels when you lower the brightness the colours then become crap, there's no decent balance :(

Man of Honour
maybe better to adjust the gamma in the graphics card section, that could help. TFT's are normally very bright, but you should be able to get a comfortable setting with some calibration

Soldato
OP
Hi,

Yeah I've given it a go but for example if I'm doing lots of office work, I dont want my 2005FPW so bright - I lower the gamma but then the colours appear too dark. I remember that my Viewsonic VP171 was much better for this, although it was a much higher quality screen I think.

Back
Top Bottom