Day of Defeat: Source - Free This Weekend!

Soldato
Roger that m8.

Server IP: 84.18.199.75:27015

We're playtesting a new custom map this Friday night, by clan member and fellow DoD forums webstaff fella [TFS]El Capitan.

He's been working on it for a while now and has finally got the beta release up and running for bug testing. At the moment the playtest is "Invite only", but if its successful, we'll add it into the server rotation.

Here's a few screenies:-

CLICK HERE

Soldato
crunchman said:
excellent, i have just bought it on DVD, i was dissapointed to see i couldnt buy it with debit card on steam, not suprised though.
i've been trying all day to find something to fill the void that DOD:S has left me, HL2 TDM just dosnt cut it anymore, and i'm useless at CS:S, i just dont even know where to begin with AA-SF.
now i just have to wait a couple of days for it to be delivered.

can anyone sudgest something free to keep me occupied for the time being? preferably as similar team gameplay as possible, i've tryed all my collection of games but none of them really satisfy, for example battlefield 1942 just feels far to remote and unemmersive(if thats even a word), also tryed a few HL2 mods but servers are non-existant for the vast majority of them.
until then its back to my first love, race sims.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey Steve, a fellow dundonian!

I know you said free, but have you thought about COD2, I've been playing this a fair bit recently after playing css and I'm enjoying it loads. It can be picked up reasonably cheaply now I think :)

Soldato
hehehe, hello.
hmmm, i hadnt intended on spending any money, it was only for somethig to hold me over until DOD get delivered, plus i'm not exactly flowing in the cash at the moment, but i may have a look into this if i can find it cheap enough, was contemplating buying it before but i bought X3 instead.

will definitly look into ET, i totally forgot about it.

i reckon i can hold out until DOD is delivered, i have been getting stuck into the nordschleife in GTL again, god i love that track.

Associate
sepulchre said:
not sure why you would say that, COD2 seems a pretty good multiplayer game to me and my mates :rolleyes:

i can say it as i owned it for around a day before selling it on.
the community is one of the worst ive experienced in a long with regard to cheating/using exploits. the people that made the game havnt even addressed that issue yet and in this day and age of epics such as BF2, theres simply no need to leave out a fundamental element of the game.
another thing about cod2 is that it offers little other than a new appearence over games such as moh:aa and the original cod game, both of which are getting a bit long in the tooth and i find it so boring just having deathmatches now, there really needs more, again compared to ET,BF2 and DOD:S (where all these games have other elements to take up your efforts to get an end result) cod2 really does lack depth and feels less like a proper, full game than dod:s does.

Associate
a whole day, lol ;)

I guess it all depends on what you want from a game, and for me BF2 was a little boring as I kept getting owned by other players who constantly jumped in one vehicle or another, maybe that was just the servers I was playing on but it was very repetitive.

Associate
well i loved the single player campaign, too short though and i liked the others in the cod series at the time when they were released. and i do like ww2 genre fps games aswell.
my biggest niggle with the game is that it feels years old now, apart from the graphics its stale :(

Soldato
sepulchre said:
a whole day, lol ;)

I guess it all depends on what you want from a game, and for me BF2 was a little boring as I kept getting owned by other players who constantly jumped in one vehicle or another, maybe that was just the servers I was playing on but it was very repetitive.

i want to love BF2, i really do, but the constant death from above while trying to have a decent gun battle drives me insane. if u have a couple of good pilots on either side it's okay as they tend to go and battle it out, but if ** stuck with lame peeps it makes it incredibly difficult to get stuck in without yet another chopper or plane doing the dirty on me.

i read some reviews of the spec. forces add on, and they say that it makes the game more infantry focused and a lot tighter which sounds great but i'm so disappointed by bf2 and coupled with the fact that the load times are supposed to be worse than the original has made me decide to look elsewhere for my kicks.

Underboss
Draeger said:
Tried Battlegrounds for HL2?:-

http://mods.moddb.com/5662/

I've heard its pretty good although I haven't had time to try it out for myself.

Someone here posted pics of it in the Screenshot thread, they said it was pretty decent.

I played the first one, absolete Crap (maybe an early beta?) not sure in this new one, gfx look a hell of a lot better!!

Underboss
Draeger said:
Still haven't tried it out m8, to be honest, DoD takes up so much of my time I'm kinda afraid to, in case i like it and get into it in a big way!!! :cool:

LOL!

DoD is a dam good game though! I started playing it from the beggining, then DoD:s came out, and i havent bought it ! 1) becuase i have to buy it this time, and 2) becuase of that i dont have the time for ir, so be wasting money on it :(

Associate
well i realised that ive got the hl1 platinum account or whatever its called, just logged into it and got dod and the whole back catalogue there free :D
i now understand what people mean when they say dod 1.3 has a bit more to offer than source, not that source is worse, just that 1.3 is a lot fuller, cant wait for source to mature now

Associate
well i joined in for the weekend to try this out and i was expecting something good very dissapointed how anyone plays this dumfounds me.cod cod uo or even cod 2 (which i hate) are miles better i would rate it 5/10 and thats only cause i like graphics gameplay zero out of ten.

Back
Top Bottom