Soldato
I have to 700 Point DGromacs atm.

350PPD per core
700PPD per day
4900 points per week.

Thats if I dont game, use it in anyway.

I wish it would clock more I have 10C spare :(

Soldato
The problem is that this pc isn't on 24/7 and keeps getting turned off for long periods of time. It's only really on when i'm back from uni (every 2-3 weeks). When I finish for the summer, my main pc will be up and that's pretty much a 24/7 one so it'll all look better then. Nothing to worry about.

Man of Honour
eventually, telewest got my connection sorted. SO I am now fully operational and crunching again :)... Droped down a few places though :(

Associate
lol I haven't been back here in ages, nice to see I'm still in the list...

Bit sad I took my linux box offline, even though it was only an XP1700 it still had a decent output. Too many things running on that box (streaming radio, security cameras etc).

Had to remove the parent's XP3000 (it has almost no RAM and a dodgy mobo) too.

I'll try and clock the pants off my Opty, see if I can improve on my points.

Soldato
OP
welcome back Napalm - I too have had a bit of a bad week, lost one rig (the missus') and have had to sacrifice two more to try and sort out the problem :o

needless to say I know what I'll be doing this weekend :p :D

Soldato
Thats my goal. First page here I come. Maybe next year though :p

Looking to get a P4 920 Presler up and going soon as my next rig. Dual core and HT :D Hopefully I can get it overclocked a bit from 2800MHz stock on each core.

Should be good at crunching a few WU's :D

Soldato
Bennah said:
Looking to get a P4 920 Presler up and going soon as my next rig. Dual core and HT :D Hopefully I can get it overclocked a bit from 2800MHz stock on each core.

920 doesn't have HT :( Only Extreme Edition 955 and 965 do. But it's not much use on dual core anyway.

They overclock fearsomely. I wouldn't be surprised if you get 4Ghz out of it.

Soldato
I want to buy an X2 3800. But it looks likely to be flattened by Conroe when it comes out, and even if I can't afford a Conroe the prices on X2s will fall. Decisions...

Looks like your rigs are back on form Whitestar :D

Soldato
I don't get it
I've added 2 new A64 based machines (both clients machines rather than here) they arn't on 24/7 but my weekly credits down 1k!

Soldato
Mattus said:
920 doesn't have HT :( Only Extreme Edition 955 and 965 do. But it's not much use on dual core anyway.

They overclock fearsomely. I wouldn't be surprised if you get 4Ghz out of it.

Ah, it does'nt :( Oh well. No chance of me getting a 955 or 965, put it that way :p

I suppose with 2 cores it will be ok. Im going to go with 2 GB's anyway. More if I can, afford it and if its possible.

Well tbh, my plan is 3.6GHz - 3.8GHz from the 920 range with air cooling. Have you seen the price of the 930 on this 'week only'! What a price drop there! Such a shame I dont have the cash or a credit card to buy one now till I get paid in 3 weeks.

Soldato
Whitestar said:
Yeah, you'd have to up the voltage a bit tho.

Personally i'm gonna wait till conroe has been about for a couple of months before getting a new chip.

Not too bothered about the voltage or temps. Just aslong as I can get a decent overclock and its stable to fold.

Yea, I'l probably go down the conroe route but, I have no rig atm. Building one soon to get me started on the DDR2 scene. Ive never played with or had a DDR2 system in my life. Want to get a feel for it. See whats what.

I might jump on the Yonah band wagon. Low heat output, low noise on the HSF and good clocks, but not dual core.

Might just stay with the 920 till Conroe. Conroe is a muct by me though. Definatly going to get one soon as they arrive.

Back
Top Bottom