Living in Germany

Permabanned
I was thinking, and talking to my mates about it. What are the pros and cons of living in Germany?

I want to know for future reference if i decide to move away from Blighty :p

Soldato
Pro: It's not England.
Cons: It's Germany.

Also, ask the other Greek dude (Ronin!), he's been there, and I am quite sure he hated it.

Edit: Beaten.

Soldato
Pros: Great beer, great people in the north (as with all countries), great climate, great services, great kebabs

Cons: Bad food (apart from the kebabs), horrid people in the south (as with all countries), if it's not according to "the big book of rules" then it can't be done.

I loved the time I spent living there, but I wouldn't go live there again.

Soldato
Its just a car factory for the rest of the world.......a good car factory mind you.....but would you want to live there? I genuinley cant see any reason why you would.

Name 1 attractive feature of that country over ours?

Surley if your going to move abroad you would want it to be to a warmer, nicer country rather than well ...germany. I know I would.

That said if I got a sky high job offer or something then I could probably put up with it for a few years, but hell I'd be coming home asap.

Whats your reason for wanting to go?

Soldato
Nazbit said:
I have to admit thats warmer than I thought it would have been, but hell that winter is enough to scare anyone off!!!

The sea is a moderating influence on temperature, hence why our island is fairly miserable and reasonably cold. However, in central europe it gets much walmer in the summer and much colder in the winter.

-15c is cold, but with the alps only an hour and a half away it was great for skiing.

As for attractive features, there are lots of very tall blond birds with big jugs of beers, Lake Constance (Bodensee) and the Alps for a start.

Last edited:
Associate
Pros: The beer is apprently very good. But not as good as our beer.

NB: Reading Beer Fest @ bank holiday weekend.

Cons: Its Germany! And they lost two world wars - what a bunch of loosers. Stick with the winning side.

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla said:
The sea is a moderating influence on temperature, hence why our island is fairly miserable and reasonably cold. However, in central europe it gets much walmer in the summer and much colder in the winter.

western margin temperate climates, I have that module in 2 weeks time :D

Soldato
i have family who live in germany and austria most of my family do infact i toured it last year, travelled non stop.

a lot of the members of my family own a BMW company over there, and speed boat company.

Cleaner than england, cleanest country i been in, so pretty to look at, food is great and cheap prices, beer is great, everyone is helpful all looking out for eachother, i could go on for ages.

i couldnt fault it.

Back
Top Bottom