Poll: Random, premature, meet planning type stuff

What meet should I organise next year?

• Generic meet in the Midlands

Votes: 50 39.1%
  • Drunken debauchery on the coast (drinking and partying - not much else)

Votes: 47 36.7%
  • 'Proper' clubbers night. Things that glow, UV paint and furry boots

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Something else (though you need to tell me :p)

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well it looks like its going to be between the first two options.

If it was the generic meet route then I would second nottingham, great place, the costal one I dont really have a suggestion for but Im sure someone will.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I voted generic Midlands meet but I can still just about manage drunken debauchery and partying if that's the consensus :p

As always, attendance will depend on where abouts in the world I happen to be at the time :o

Stan :)

Soldato
Crispy Pigeon said:
Midlands meet would be most convenient for me, but I really want the UV. Is it not possible to have both? :(

What you want to meet in the midlands with fluffy boots and uv glowing things?

I say go for it, at worst everyone else can have a good laugh at you :p

Man of Honour
Hmmm. I can't decide between 1, 2, 3 or 4.

1. Generic meet in the Midlands I'd like to do notts again, but do it properly and not have to half carry (markymark carrying to other half) a drunkard that can't handle his ale halfway across the city :p

2. I'd be voting for Whitley Bay and I'd be attending.

3. Thinking 'Crasher or somewhere, would involve camping. No 'crasher kids allowed in our party.

4. Still thinking.

Soldato
Spud21 said:
What you want to meet in the midlands with fluffy boots and uv glowing things?

I say go for it, at worst everyone else can have a good laugh at you :p

I dunno about the fluffy boots, but I have a UV pen!

Man of Honour
Voted #1 (as I'm sure you figured I would). As an idea for #4, without the BBQ meet we won't have anything longer than a day or two, and I'm of the view that longer meets tend to work better (if that's the right word, which it almost certainly isn't) than shorter ones, so maybe you could fill that gap. Avoiding huge hotel bills could be the biggest problem (not an issue with the BBQ).

Soldato
Berserker said:
Voted #1 (as I'm sure you figured I would). As an idea for #4, without the BBQ meet we won't have anything longer than a day or two, and I'm of the view that longer meets tend to work better (if that's the right word, which it almost certainly isn't) than shorter ones, so maybe you could fill that gap. Avoiding huge hotel bills could be the biggest problem (not an issue with the BBQ).

What about some sort of camping trip ? I can't say i've been looking around but i can't see a weekend being that expensive, obviously hotels would be somewhat out of the question as they aren't hugely cheap unless you go right out into the sticks. But a long weekend in a field can't be that expensive, can it ?

Soldato
For #2, IMHO Bournemouth is the absolute nuts.

I may be prejudiced slightly by the fact that it is:

a) The birthplace of the High-Five experiment
b) I know it pretty well
c) It's dirt cheap (virtually free in Walkabout for yours truly due to high-fiving a certain set of barmaids ;) )
d) Pubs open till 3am, clubs till 7am
e) TONS of fittehs
f) Awesome beach for frisbee & footie action

Only downside being its a bit of a PITA to get to for the northern monkeys amongst us.

Soldato
My Idea

I'm going out on a bit of a limb here, but here we go:

My parents may be going away for a couple of weeks in the summer, so I'd have a free house. I have a reasonable sized garden and drive. I'm thinking about organising a big OcUK BBQ (tm) - This would be at some point in the late summer.

Thoughts?

Soldato
Gilly said:
I thought Bournemouth was a blue-rinse paradise :/

it's not that bad, obviously there are indeed old people there, but it's not what i'd call a paradise for the coffin dodgers.

Although it is a PITA to get to from anywhere, last time i went down from Brizzle they hadn't seemed to have heard of these majestic roads called motorways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom