Sun Bed's

Soldato
First of all..... no I'm not gay!

Now back on topic.

Are sunbed's really that bad for you? I saw this article somewhere stating they are actually good for you. I didn't get to read any of it mind but whats everyone else's opinions?

Does anyone else on here use them? I don't use them ridiculously just so I get a nice healthy looking tan. I also find the ladies love a tan aswell.

Associate
Swings and round abouts really, i think from what i have read. There is an arguement for both sides. I think in moderation they are good as they boost the amount of vitamin D in the skin which is made from UV rays. If you over use them then i suppose you increase your risk of getting skin cancer?

Man of Honour
Think about it. An intense amount of UV on your skin in a short period of time is not good. Well certainly not repeated exposure at any rate. So many people don't bother with suncream in sunbeds either. Personally I'd rather go on holiday, slap on some suncream and take it easy in the sun, rather than lie in a tube full of cancer rays. Skin cancer is hugely on the increase - tbh it's not a risk I care to want to take.

If you're a guy and using it - it's gay, unless it's for medical reasons. :)

Soldato
OP
I always slap some sun cream on before using them. Personally don't think its gay as it doesn't involve sticking your pecker up another mans bottom :D and the ladies who work at the sun bed shop are hot.

Soldato
Steameh said:
I always slap some sun cream on before using them. Personally don't think its gay as it doesn't involve sticking your pecker up another mans bottom :D and the ladies who work at the sun bed shop are hot.

I use sunbeds about once every three weeks. I can assure you im not gay and I have a very hot gf. As for the girls who work their, they are pig ugly, WAY too much sunbed use. Look fake :(

Permabanned
As with most things they are fine in moderation.

They can be highly beneficial too to people psoriasis, as it helps dry out the skin, then applying moisturiser can help you lose the flakes.

Soldato
OP
Nathan said:
I use sunbeds about once every three weeks. I can assure you im not gay and I have a very hot gf. As for the girls who work their, they are pig ugly, WAY too much sunbed use. Look fake :(

I use them once every two weeks just to maintain it. I also have a hot girl friend. She's pale as a sheet of paper though lol but it suits her. The girls that work at mine are hot, although they do obviously use it a lot, it doesn't look fake.

Suspended
we have 2 sunbeds never really use them , But when i do its pretty boring i prefer getting a tan on holiday just in the pool or walking around and then the next day go WTF im brown

Soldato
Rich1988 said:
Any man who uses a sun bed should have to wear a big pink ribbon saying I am a homogay on it

Well actually...one of my sisters mates used to go with them all the time. (edit: to the sunbed place..)

Then a couple of weeks ago, he 'came out' to everybody in the pub. Which leads me to conclude you can catch 'gay' from sunbeds.

Soldato
OP
Sanzy said:
we have 2 sunbeds never really use them , But when i do its pretty boring i prefer getting a tan on holiday just in the pool or walking around and then the next day go WTF im brown

It only takes 9 minutes? Don't get me wrong I prefer getting a tan on holiday with the beach, pool and beer but we don't get that in the UK and I can't be on holiday all year round :D

Associate
I'm quite happy using a sunbed. If I don't I revert to the natural off-blue colour that is normal for the english. If I could afford to holiday somewhere warm and sunny twice a year I wouldn't bother.

It keeps me spot free, and stops people either trying to bury me, or put a stake through me.

Last edited:
Associate
Spunj99 said:
Well actually...one of my sisters mates used to go with them all the time. (edit: to the sunbed place..)

Then a couple of weeks ago, he 'came out' to everybody in the pub. Which leads me to conclude you can catch 'gay' from sunbeds.

You can catch it from the toilet aswell.

Might be good in the winter if you suffer from 'winter blues' - a bit of extra vitamin B is a good thing. Skin cancer aint, just ask Terrance and Phillip.

Back
Top Bottom