Anybody been to the kit car show?

Soldato
Just wondered if anyone went to the National Kit car show today in Stoneleigh? What did you think to it this time round? I saw a couple of new types of cars that weren't there last year (will post pics if I get round to it :)) though a lot of it was still pretty much the same.

I did see a 5.7 Chevy Pilgrim Sumo though that cheered me up. I was under the impression that these were mainly ford kits :)

Anyhow, what did yo think, or don't you even like kit cars :p

Associate
I totally forgot all about this. I wanted to go!!! Im currently thinking about selling the alfa as I get a company car next week and looking at getting a 7 based car. just beacuse i can :p I really dont have a clue about them though so It would have been interesting :(

Associate
The type of seven you end up with is a very sibjective thing. You cannot just say that "Westfields are the best". A friend has been looking to build one for some time, but the only one that he could afford & actually fit in was a Tiger. The Westfield did not have enough room for his legs...

Personally I think that the look of the Caterham (Non SV/CSR) & early (Pre litigation) Westfields are by far the best of the se7ens bunch, however this is a very subjective thing as I have said above.

Do you want to build something or buy something ready made? New or second hand?

I own a Sylva/Fisher Fury which I think is far nicer that any se7en type car out there, and has the advantage of being far more aerodynamic..

It is probably worth looking at the locost site (www.locostbuilders.co.uk) and the email lists at www.se7ens.net are extremely good.

Jonathan

Soldato
Westyfield2 said:
Westfield's are best out of the se7ens - if thinking of getting one register on their club forum WSCC Boardroom. There's lots of Westfield's going dirt cheap at the moment.
HTH

Yeah right...

MNR spent ages modifying westies so that they handled properly before launching their own car...

Westies are just the easiest to build, but they are NOT the best...

:eek:

Soldato
OP
BIGWEB said:
I totally forgot all about this. I wanted to go!!! Im currently thinking about selling the alfa as I get a company car next week and looking at getting a 7 based car. just beacuse i can :p I really dont have a clue about them though so It would have been interesting :(

Ok, just got back from being out in town.........so might be too late for ya........but it IS on Monday 1st May aswell :) So there is still time if you want to go :) £10 admission on the door.

Back
Top Bottom