Tips for knackering my tyres quickly

Soldato
Strange request but bear with me...

Popped into KF today to get them to check my front tread depth, as I've lost my own gauge thingumy. Front left is at 2mm and the front right is 3mm.

Now the lease company will only authorise replacement tyres when they get to 2mm or under. The guy said he could replace the front left there and then and then replace the right when it wears down. I said I didn't want that doing as I'd not be keen on having a brand new tyre on one side and only 2-3mm on the other for a while, especially as I'm off to Germany in a few weeks, so I left it.

What I need to do is wear at least 1mm off the front right tyre in the next 2-3 weeks so I can get two shiny new ones before the 'ring trip. Ok I could wheelspin at every possible opportunity (bear in mind it's a diesel so not that many opportunities :)) but is there a better way to wear a tyre down than acting like a hooligan at lights. Don't really want to just put extra miles on by going for some long drives as the mileage is too high as it is.

Soldato
If you wheelspin while turning the wheels, you're going to be putting major stress on the gearbox and drivetrain.

But, seeing as how it's not your car... DO IT! :D

Soldato
Would it not be easier to make an unrepairable puncture? Nail through the side wall or park on a large piece of glass or something?

Soldato
burns said:
Would it not be easier to make an unrepairable puncture? Nail through the side wall or park on a large piece of glass or something?

Contract Hire maintenance agreements often don't cover the cost of replacing tyres with punctures.

Soldato
OP
cymatty said:
Wheelspin at every oportunity and lock the wheels under braking when safe
ABS for the lose :(
agw_01 said:
If you wheelspin while turning the wheels, you're going to be putting major stress on the gearbox and drivetrain.
Especially with 236lbft of torque :(
But, seeing as how it's not your car... DO IT! :D
Well there is that but then I don't really want the drivetrain and/or gearbox falling apart in the middle of Europe.

Soldato
OP
OllyM said:
Contract Hire maintenance agreements often don't cover the cost of replacing tyres with punctures.
Mine does as I had a replacement at the back for an un-repairable puncture a while ago. Think they might start getting suspicious if one front tyre needs replacing but the other doesn't, yet has suddenly been punctured.

Back
Top Bottom