best isp for gamer

Associate
guys, can you help, my friend needs a good gamer isp, he is with talk talk and is near throwing himself into the fire.
They just throttle everything, and he cannot play eve online now.
He will have his mac code soon and need to defect, can you gamers recomend a good isp for a gamer.

Regards Tim. :)

Caporegime
Any decent ISP will be fine.

Suggests are one (or a combination of) a) give more detail b) put the search function of this forum to good use (since "recommend me an ISP" isn't exactly a rare question) or c) take a look at ADSLguide.

Associate
OP
it may not

be a rare question, but with isp's changing the rules daily I wished for the best update information.
Next time i will use another forum, as this has wounded you somewhat.
Thanks for the guys whom took time to answer my question.

Soldato
timmy222 said:
guys, can you help, my friend needs a good gamer isp, he is with talk talk and is near throwing himself into the fire.
They just throttle everything, and he cannot play eve online now.
He will have his mac code soon and need to defect, can you gamers recomend a good isp for a gamer.

Regards Tim. :)

Is your friend cancelling his TalkTalk contract? I went onto to TalkTalk and I regretted it within 10 minutes of being connected. Should have stuck with BT. When I contacted TalkTalk they said to cancel the contract within 12 months would incur an £80 disconnection cost, has you friend also incurred the same disconnection cost?

Associate
OP
you can get around the charge

They have to release a mac code to you on the phone, you can demand it.
Otherwise they can release it via post within 5 days.
They cannot hold you mac code to randsome.
If you read the latest ofcom term and condititons about isp's you will see it, infact I will try and find it for you.
talk talk have broken their terms and condtions.
that helps a bit
:p

Associate
OP
here u go

Broadband Service Provider Migration Code of Practice they were breaking the rules as point 5 states

5. The LSP must specify how customers can contact it to request a MAC (to include phone,
email and letter as a minimum). If the customer contacts the LSP in an approved way, the
LSP must respond in writing (letter or email) with the MAC, or reason for its non-issue,
within 5 working days of receipt of the customer’s request. If a MAC is issued, its
validity period will start on the date of despatch of the written migration authorisation.
Except that, if the customer contacts the LSP by phone, the MAC may be issued
immediately,
in which case the validity period starts at the time it is issued, and the LSP
is not obliged to provide additional written confirmation. The LSP must remind the
customer of the MAC if requested by the customer.

Caporegime
it may not be a rare question, but with isp's changing the rules daily I wished for the best update information.

Er, so ignore the threads that are particularly old?

timmy222 said:
Next time i will use another forum, as this has wounded you somewhat.

Er if you say so. Nice job ignoring the other two points though.

They have to release a mac code to you on the phone, you can demand it.

Wrong. MACs a) are voluntary and b) that code of conduct only applies if TalkTalk signed up to it (and they didn't).
For a complete collection of the Broadband migration Code of Practise, including signatories, look here

Associate
OP
Well it worked a treat with talk talk

I think Best go to bed, I am tierd and cranky,sorry tolien if i offended, your are a first rate dude.
My apologies ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hm, that wasn't meant to happen. Oh well.

Says it all about TT that they swallowed it.
Doesn't stop them chasing for money afterwards either (but of course you knew that)...

Back
Top Bottom