CL Final Ticket Farce

Associate
I've been a season ticket holder now for about a decade a highbury, been to away european matches etc but none in the last 2 years due to work. Myself and the 3 friends (all season ticket holders) I applied with for CL final tickets have just found out that we haven't got tickets. It is a ******* disgrace that only 20500 of the 80000 odd seats in that stadium will be taken be true fans.

Big kev etc - were you successful in your application?

Soldato
There is a similar problem with the distribution of England tickets for the World Cup. I think it's a real shame that the clubs fans don't get a larger majority of the seats available, particaulaly when support has been strong throughout the season. Count yourself lucky though, Middlesbrough only get 7,000 tickets for the UEFA cup final in Eindhoven. That's just about 20% of those available, obviously Sevilla will get 20% too, but who gets the other 60%?

Man of Honour
Modern game I'm afraid. All those corporate sponsors and TV stations are going to want their cut of tickets for competitions and the like!

It's one reason why I think big cup matches should only be held in massive stadia. I mean say you have an FA cup semi tie at Villa Park, by the time segregation etc takes it cut you've not got much in the way of tickets to go round for two big clubs.

Likewise UEFA cup finals and group stage matches in EC/WC tend to sometimes be on fairly small grounds.

It's one area where I think 2-legged matches are good (e.g. CL semis); a good number of fans from both clubs get to see at least one of the two matches

Soldato
It's a disgrace, in an ideal world both sets of fans, the ones who loyally supported their team home and away throughout the tournament should be taking up 90% of the stadium. With the remainder of the stadium being taken up by sponsors and the lucky gits who managed to get free tickets. It's a corporate sellout now.

Don
Its the same for the Fa Cup final, Liverpool are going to be given around 25000 tickets, 5000 less than they got for the semi final.

Don
dobbsy said:
what's annoying is people decide to make their first appearance of the season at cup finals - a disgrace :rolleyes:
Don't agree with that, the only way fans who haven't attended several cup games, can get tickets is to buy them from touts for £600+. Clubs have set up these selling schemes to stop fans just going to the final and reward loyalty.

Associate
Yes this is truly comical! What I also find a disgrace in this respect is Eurostar and Easy Jet bumping up their fares, a small increase fair enough but the prices they have been asking for is ridiculous.

Uefa/Fifa will now moan about the black market which is an effect of the frankly rediculous ticket allocations, i'm still being quoted £700 for a ticket!!

We're just going to Paris (by coach lol) for a laugh, hopefully find a venue very near to the stadium and see the game on TV and fingers crossed celebrate afterwards with the fans.

Associate
How can anyone be surprised by this, it is nothing new. We live in a capitalist society. Hotels/bars/travel agents etc etc couldn't care less as your going to help make their profit margins.

Also I don't think its just the coporations/sponsors getting all the tickets for an FA cup final. I'm sure I read somewhere that a lot of tickets are spread out through the leagues involved in the competition and local county FA's.

Soldato
Gooner14 said:
What I want to know is how UEFA can justify taking 39000 tickets :mad:

That really annoys me as well, I think it should be a 49/49 split, with 2% going to UEFA.

My mate hasn't had his email yet, so we're unsure if our application was successful. :(

Associate
The competition costs a huge amount to run no doubt and that means coporate sponsorship. Be glad you got that many, as far as they are concerned your only there to see the corporate advertisements and to buy their products. If you could replaced by adverts you probably would be.

Associate
pabloB said:
Y
Uefa/Fifa will now moan about the black market which is an effect of the frankly rediculous ticket allocations, i'm still being quoted £700 for a ticket!!

hi, sir, up-front bottom licking mode on :)
700 quid- cheapest i've seen is 950 quid- is it poss to name your source, if allowed.

Soldato
BaZ87 said:
Don't agree with that, the only way fans who haven't attended several cup games, can get tickets is to buy them from touts for £600+. Clubs have set up these selling schemes to stop fans just going to the final and reward loyalty.
What a magical word. :)

It is bad the amount of tickets that dont go to fans but in light of the fact its a small allocation (as with any away game) , if you havent been to any other away or cup games you cant really complain imo.

The reduced allocation has been going on for years and wont stop.

Back
Top Bottom