Asus - A8-N SLI Premium - Startup screen (before windows)

Associate
im not sure if its the same for everyone but when i reboot my pc, the start up screen for the motherboard looks really messed up, the colours are all blurry and it looks like its in about 2bit instead of maybe 16bit - 32bit

any ideas, all the drivers are installed i think, cant think what it could be??

also has anyone every found that your computer suddenly reboots and then your motherboard cant find one of your SATA hard drives, happened to me this morning, i cleared the CMOS, and plugged it into another slot and now its fine,,, bit wierd though!!

any help would be great

thanks

Associate
I had this problem with my very similar a8n-sli, the graphics looked corrupted and were in the wrong colour, a bit like when you've just fried your GPU or gfx mem. :o

Updating to the latest BIOS fixed this for me. I think it's a slight incompatiblity problem between earlier BIOS revisions for these particular boards and x1800/1900 cards (I have an x1800 btw :D)

Mark.

Soldato
The bios that came with the Asus disk for me had this very same problem, just download bios 1009, save it to disk & use that as the back up disk - the screen should be fine then, I disable it within the bios though - not sure if it speeds up booting up but I guess so.

Soldato
subxero said:
Nelly dude, you need to get rid of one line of text in ya sig mate ;)
lol shush!!! whats that got to do with this thread (only kidding mate, aye your right) ;) Dude! that word is soo Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle! lol :)

Caporegime
subxero said:
I always keep it for aesthetics, usually the system won't post if there's a problem so it doesn't really matter :)

Actually...one of my XP chips booted to windows fine, but it was downclocked...and displayed something liek er....CRGSD£$"£(£)("! - instead of XP2700 :p

Soldato
Nelly said:
lol shush!!! whats that got to do with this thread (only kidding mate, aye your right) ;) Dude! that word is soo Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle! lol :)
Lol, had a beer or two which explains that, remember that program though, it rocked!!! Just didn't want you to have to type it all out again when your sig is replaced with that yellow banner :p

See I was bein nice really :D

Delvis said:
Actually...one of my XP chips booted to windows fine, but it was downclocked...and displayed something liek er....CRGSD£$"£(£)("! - instead of XP2700 :p
Eek what happened there :o

Soldato
Yes make sure your Sata boot up drive is connected to Sata 1, I had problems when using up my windows drive having it on a higher connector.

subxero said:
Lol, had a beer or two which explains that, remember that program though, it rocked!!! Just didn't want you to have to type it all out again when your sig is replaced with that yellow banner :p

See I was bein nice really :D

Eek what happened there :o
Yes I actually thought my sig was one line too much, fixed it now anyway but those slacker dons didnt catch my extra line. . . no offense Dons! lol :)

Sorry for de-rail guys

Back
Top Bottom