T-mobile W'n'W questions

Soldato
I was going to wait untill the new 3G vario 2 was out at the end of this month, and then take advantage of W'n'W for £7.50 a month. With the vario being 3G I was expecting to be able to get supper fast net speeds and take full advantage of the W'n'W.

BUT...... I've just read that its only stupidly slow gps speeds on W'n'W, is this true? :eek:

So too all you people that have gone and got the MDA pro (wich is 3G and I though you were on to a winner), if your not near wifi what you going to do? GPRS is so slow its not even funny!

Might just get the M600 now, rarther the look, its free and out now, was going to wait for a 3G devise but dont realy see the point now.

Is there other networks that offer a 3G web and walk type thingy?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
IainB said:
Its untrue, if you have a 3g capable device and are in a 3g area you will be using 3g NOT GPRS :D

And its all incuded in the W'n'W deal! That is good then! Dont uderstand people that get the W'n'W deal with a 2G phone, its too slow!

Caporegime
IainB said:
Im using it on an MDA compact - while not normal net speeds its still useable, just reminds me of ye olde 56k days

Iain ive just recently connected to the flext 50 with WnW bolted on. I cant seem to get a decent answer out of tmobile regarding this. But i wanted to know in order for me to use my unlimited surfing/email...do i have to use a tmobile branded handset. At the moment i have the SE W810i and iut has an interface for WnW but just tried connecting to it but it seems it wotn be enabled till 20th of may.
But really i was wanting to use a nokia n80 which is unbranded and sim free with my tmobile sim....but if i use that handset are tmobile going to charge me for using the net on that handset as it doesnt have any tmobile network software on there ie the WnW interface....Would appreciate it if you could give me a definite answer as Tmobile CS say it shouldnt be a problem but then speaking to another chap, he said that i would be charged for any net useage as im using an unbranded tmobile handset

Caporegime
IainB said:
Data is Data....wont make any difference, as long as its using the T-Mobile SIM LOL :D (and I would assume any of the network configs that you need)

Cheers Iain, just dont want to use my n80 and then find i have a stonking huge bill due to my unlimited surfing and email etc lol :p

Caporegime
Spawn said:
Just you mate, mines working fine here in the Docklands in London. A bit slow though tbh, guess im too used to o2 3g surfing...super duper fast :D

is the server general.t-mobile.uk and user + wap for username + password?

Caporegime
Alty said:
Oohh whereabouts in Docklands are ya? Nice to see a fellow local on these boards :)

Work in South Quays mate, dont actually live there.

Thanks Morba, just getting some conflicting advice as to the WnW thingy, one person says i have to use a tmobile branded phone and use the wnw interface while another says no you dont lol :p

But thanks Iain and you seems like ive managed to get something clear for once :p

Back
Top Bottom