More failed Ballistix...Check it...

Soldato
:rolleyes:
Memory.JPG

Associate
cymatty said:
Take it Ballistix isn't the most reliable of memory then?

On the contrary its the most reliable stuff out there and more reliable than the royal mail for delivering on time.

At least crucial have good customer support though

Associate
My 2 gig kit just died too. Running stable for few months then suddenly BSODs and Photoshop crashing every time I run a filter. Bloody annoying. Guess it's RMA time here too.

balls.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Been playing about with these Ballistix in memtest - changing slots etc. When I just have one 1gb stick in then there are no errors with either stick. When both are in then I get lots of errors. Odd.
Any thoughts?

Associate
Dutch Guy said:
Errors in tests 1 -4 are usually VCore or HTT(FSB) related, maybe the warmer ambient temp is the cause of the instability?

Have tried tinkering around with all my settings. Dropped the CPU multi so it was at stock and also tried underclocking it. Have tried various HTT and divider settings. Have upped the vcore to over 1.6 (watercooled). Also have a great big 120mm fan aimed straight at the memory.

Soldato
DrSteve said:
Have tried tinkering around with all my settings. Dropped the CPU multi so it was at stock and also tried underclocking it. Have tried various HTT and divider settings. Have upped the vcore to over 1.6 (watercooled). Also have a great big 120mm fan aimed straight at the memory.
hmmmmm, looks like you tried everything possible, mind you I'm not surprised it is the memory that is failing, it's just a little strange that it fails at test 1 -4 and not test 5 or 8

Permabanned
DrSteve said:
hehe RMA request sent ;)
Did you buy from Crucial direct? If so get a refund and get some new stuff, otherwise contact the place you got them from and say you want something different. The fail rate on this rubbish is ridiculous.

I contacted trading standards over it just in case I got grief and its within your rights as the goods basically arent up to the standard they should be.

Associate
Dutch Guy said:
hmmmmm, looks like you tried everything possible, mind you I'm not surprised it is the memory that is failing, it's just a little strange that it fails at test 1 -4 and not test 5 or 8

Hmmmm. Hope it's not the CPU that's failing. Memory controller perhaps? When I ran memtest for longer today I did get errors that weren't in test 2. Funny thing is that all the errors seem to be at 1984.4MB.

Ashcrapper said:
Did you buy from Crucial direct? If so get a refund and get some new stuff, otherwise contact the place you got them from and say you want something different. The fail rate on this rubbish is ridiculous.

Got the memory from OCUK at the end of last year. Would like to go for something different but not too sure what to go for. Quite fancy some OCZ.

Soldato
OP
Its frustrating...BUT

I sent mine back to Crucial Tuesday, and I have just been told the replacement is arriving tommorow guaranteed.

I honestly cannot fault the service, its superb.

I will get my DDR2 ram from them when I get an M2 CPU next year.

Back
Top Bottom