What do you think of Supagard??

Associate
Hello I am close to ordering a new car and the salesman was discussing Supagard products to protect the exterior and the interior of the car.
I am interested in keeping the seats etc in tip top condition and have always used Mer to keep the exterior sparking.
Has anyone had any experience of these treatments, either good or bad?
Does it alter the colour of the fabric in any way? Is there any chance that it could go wrong on the outside and how do they keep it off the black plastics which are not glossy when they apply the exterior treatment?
Thanks for your help, PeterT.

Soldato
my seat ibiza had supaguard on it from when i bought it, and for the 2 years i had it i never polished it and it was still really shiny...
car.jpg

it never faded over the 2 years and my mate who bought a new 54 plate astra SXI was jealous of how shiny mine stayed.
However, i didn't think much of the interior protection, took more than the wipe they say it does to remove any stains.
I've just had supaguard put on my new '03 mondeo', and it too is really shiny....
car1.jpg

and it will stay like that for at least a couple of years if my ibiza was anything to go by :D

Soldato
Had it done for basically nothing on my Astra when I brought that. Didn't really make much of a difference. To be fair, I never let it get to the point where stains were on seats and bodywork needed polishing. Car was well looked after. :)

Soldato
It costs dealers not a lot at all, something like £40 + £20 labour to do it.

Personally, I'm of the view that if you look after your car it will be fine anyway. To get it really spotless as a detailer would, will involve removing the coating anyway.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Don't pay more than about £60 to have it done. Buy a kit from the 'bay and do it yourself if you really want it. Should cost you far less.

Associate
OP
Thank you for all the info on this, the dealer certainly wanted to charge lots and lots more than you are quoting. Any info on bad experiences??

Back
Top Bottom