Milton Keynes Bowl - Info required

Associate
Hi Everyone,

Just heard today instead of being at Wembley :( for Robbie we will be going to Milton Keynes bowl.

Never been to the place before, I'd appreciate any advice, tips etc on the mk bowl, best car park to use, where best to sit/stand :( inside the bowl, what you can and can't take in ie food/drink/cameras and also will we need a torch to find our way out and back to the car park afterwards? :eek:

Thanks

Buckweed

Soldato
What ever you do don't park at the bowl. Head for the town center and go towards the train station as they run a shuttle bus from the station to the bowl. Like it says on the tin its a big bowl shape venue, every time I've been recently I've sat on the sides where you can get a decent view of the stage, I'm not interested ins tanding in the main crowd anymore...to old for that sort of thing ;)

Usual rules apply for drink, with them not wanting glass etc inside, best bet is check the back of the ticket for that info.

Associate
Went for Green Day last year, I also went to MK a lot as a kid. My advice is to Park at the Garden Centre, I'm sure you can find directions. WRT inside, yeah its a ******* bowl, food is rubbish and a complete rip off, in hindsight you could prolly get away with bringing a little bit in, plus some drink.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
J1nxy said:
Like it says on the tin its a big bowl shape venue, every time I've been recently I've sat on the sides where you can get a decent view of the stage, I'm not interested ins tanding in the main crowd anymore...to old for that sort of thing ;)

Usual rules apply for drink, with them not wanting glass etc inside, best bet is check the back of the ticket for that info.

So plastic bottles without lids then?

So there ARE seats then? Thank God. I don't fancy standing up.

BB x

Associate
So there ARE seats then?

No seats just lovely green grass in a bowl shape. You either go into the bottom of the bowl, where the main crowd are, or you sit on the grass around the (raised) edge of the bowl, giving you a view over the main crowd.

Last time I went to MK people were lighting fires all around the bowl edges at the end of the night :eek:

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
UKflames said:
Last time I went to MK people were lighting fires all around the bowl edges at the end of the night :eek:

Nothing to do with you then? (looking at your username;))

Great. No seats and possibility of getting flamed. Not looking forward to MK Bowl :(

BB x

Soldato
You could always park in some of the residential areas near the bowl, or park in the train station car park, that's only a 20 minute walk away, if you use the footbridge behind the station.

Food and drink is on a par for these events, pretty darn hopeless and well overpriced.

Back
Top Bottom