Five-Year-Old Runs 65 km in Seven Hours

Man of Honour
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/02052006/323/india-s-five-year-old-forrest-gump-runs-65-km.html

Budhia Singh, a five year old Indian boy, ran 65 kilometres (40.3 miles) while being supervised by his coach, paramilitary forces, TV crews and an ambulance.

Budhia began the race from a temple in Puri at 4:00 AM and should have finished at the headquarters of the Central Reserve Police Force but he collapsed just 2 km before the finish line.

Budhia’s talent was discovered when his mother sold him and his new father signed him up for judo classes. For being naughty, his teacher, Das, told him to run until he came back. Das was shocked to find Budhia still running when he returned after 5 hours.

Permabanned
id be willing to bet this kids got some interesting genetics going on, maybe a natural resistence to lactic acid, possibly enlarged lung capacity, or maybe even a little of the two :)

Soldato
Hopefully he will still be fit in some years to take part in marathons and olympics. If he maintains the standard, I would not see anyone wating to challenge him

Associate
locutus12 said:
id be willing to bet this kids got some interesting genetics going on, maybe a natural resistence to lactic acid, possibly enlarged lung capacity, or maybe even a little of the two :)

Soon we will have mutants and a war will commence between humans and the mutants.

/me can't wait for new xmen film :p

Permabanned
SuperMan said:
Soon we will have mutants and a war will commence between humans and the mutants.

/me can't wait for new xmen film :p

:p i was being serious, the kid obviously has some unique physical abillity beyond that which could normally be taught :)

Associate
Erm, you cant get taught fitness lol, you gain it. Another thing, peak physical fitness is different for everyone, which means for some people (most actualy), no matter how hard you train, you will NEVER be able to run distances as fast as the likes of Paula Radcliffe.
This kid was lucky, he was born with the genetics to be uber fit. I can see it ending in tears though, i come from a family who mostly work in Cardiac and Physiotherapy, training like this isnt normal and the human body isnt designed to cope with it. I wouldnt be surprised if we see this person in his 30's in a wheelchair if he keeps this up.

Permabanned
Smithy said:
Erm, you cant get taught fitness lol, you gain it. Another thing, peak physical fitness is different for everyone, which means for some people (most actualy), no matter how hard you train, you will NEVER be able to run distances as fast as the likes of Paula Radcliffe.
This kid was lucky, he was born with the genetics to be uber fit. I can see it ending in tears though, i come from a family who mostly work in Cardiac and Physiotherapy, training like this isnt normal and the human body isnt designed to cope with it. I wouldnt be surprised if we see this person in his 30's in a wheelchair if he keeps this up.

The kids 5 years old, you’re telling me he knew how to do a full fitness routine inherently? Don’t be silly.

You’re taught how to train yourself to become physically fit, hence my comment. Where as it may seem logical to us to lift weights if we want to improve our general muscle tone ect, a 5 year old boy is not going to know this. Couple that with the fact that this child had an alarmingly good ability to run distances beyond that of an average adult male to begin with, its not illogical to assume his body has a genetic predisposition to this type of activity beyond that of Jo average male.

Soldato
locutus12 said:

i think enlarged lungs is more plausible/possible (on science/genetic level) like that dude who can ride long distance on bike Louis armstrong iirc.

Associate
ElRazur said:
i think enlarged lungs is more plausible/possible (on science/genetic level) like that dude who can ride long distance on bike Louis armstrong iirc.

lol, u mean Lance Armstrong surely? I can just see Louis Armstrong come flying by on his bike belting out some classics.

Bleeeh im just home from work, bed time!

Back
Top Bottom