Soundtrack only playing, WMV HD

Associate
Hello,

I'm trying to play a WMV HD but the only sound i'm getting is the soundtrack. So I can't hear what people are saying.

I've connected my PC to my Amp using an optical cable which goes from the digital out on the front of my Creative soundcard panel to my Denon amp.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Soldato
sam garland said:
Hello,

I'm trying to play a WMV HD but the only sound i'm getting is the soundtrack. So I can't hear what people are saying.

I've connected my PC to my Amp using an optical cable which goes from the digital out on the front of my Creative soundcard panel to my Denon amp.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Have you set the PC to 5.1 rather than stereo? Try the sound control panel, the only thing I can think of is that you are jjust getting the two side channels and all the dialogue is in the centre speaker.

MB

Associate
OP
Matblack said:
Have you set the PC to 5.1 rather than stereo? Try the sound control panel, the only thing I can think of is that you are jjust getting the two side channels and all the dialogue is in the centre speaker.

MB

Yes it is set to 5.1.

I've just tried to watch The Living Sea WMV HD now and i'm not getting any sound.

MY amp is the Denon AVR - 3803. I can't fnd anything saying that it supports Window Media Audio.

I'm also not getting any dialogue when playing quicktime HD trailers normal trailers are fine butI don't think in 5.1.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
peahead said:
What software you useing

I let The Living Sea DVD auto play so i'm guessing it's WMP9 and for the Quciktime trailers i'm using Quciktime Pro.

I'm not getting any sound from Underworld as well. Theres nothing wrong with the DVDs becasue they work fine when I use my Creative speakers connected to my soundcard.

Last edited:
Soldato
Your dennon amp will not accept windowsmedia audio through its optical input because it doesnt have the wma decoder however if you connect your soundcard to the 6channel input on your amp you will be able to listen to wma 5.1.

Have you enabled the optical output in you creative device control panel.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
peahead said:
Your dennon amp will not accept windowsmedia audio through its optical input because it doesnt have the wma decoder however if you connect your soundcard to the 6channel input on your amp you will be able to listen to wma 5.1.

Have you enabled the optical output in you creative device control panel.

Do you know where the 6Channel input is or what it looks like becasue I can't find it?

The optical output must be enabled becasue i'm getting sound from it just not when the actually movie is playing. I get sound at the menu screen and when the studio logo comes up just not when the movie is playing.

I've also connected the SPDIF on the Creative soundcard front panel into the coax digital IN on the amp and I still get the same sound problem.

Soldato
sam garland said:
ok so I plug the bottom two of the EXT in to the digital out on the back of my soundcard?

still no sound.

No you plug seperate cables from the front, rear and centre/sub outputs on the sound card into the EXT inputs on the amp. i.e. you are making an analogue 5.1 connection rather than a digital 5.1 connection.

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom