New Job! New Car

Associate
Just landed a new job near home so I can now drop the 110 mile round trip Ive been doing for 6 years so MPG is now not an issue :D

Having had a WRX, Civic Type R and Elise in the last 3 years Im would like to buy something a little more expensive but I had a claim on the elise which has knocked me back 3 years no claims :eek:

The shortlist consisted of e46 M3, Honda S2000 and Impreza STI PPP but checking the insurance its looking like £2k which is a little hard to swallow :(

Been looking around for fun alternatives that are cheaper to to insure and came across this!

75688-1.jpg

Any thoughts? or alternatives so I can avoid being raped by mister insurance and get another year or so claims on board before moving up?

olv

olv

Soldato
that's a smart coupe brabus. Good looking cars imo. Not driven one but aside from the crap sequential 'box (which can be sorted with a software remap) they are meant to be excellent fun

Associate
OP
olv said:
that's a smart coupe brabus. Good looking cars imo. Not driven one but aside from the crap sequential 'box (which can be sorted with a software remap) they are meant to be excellent fun

aye, i read the "bad flappy paddle" is completely revamped with a software remap aswell as given you a few extra horses!

Im gonna go drive one and see if any good

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
A friend had one, he loved it.

Got rid of his remapped Leon Cupra R as he much preferred the Brabus. The rear wheels are huge on such a tiny car :)

Associate
OP
Steve said:
nothing worse than bad flaps ;)

e46 m3, you know you want to, we need to muster our forces and take over the world muwuahahah

ahem... Sorry :(

Thats the dream :D If I can get to next March maybe £1500 will be doable with 3 years no claims!

Unless you want to whip round for my insrance?

Soldato
Know someone who has one, track days it (his is standard mind). It's a very capable machine, not very economical for what it is mind, and was certainly able to hustle along against some very powerful machinery.

Try it and see!

Soldato
spoonz said:
Thats the dream :D If I can get to next March maybe £1500 will be doable with 3 years no claims!

Unless you want to whip round for my insrance?

How old are you mate if you don't mind me asking?

My insurance with 2 years ncb is £1100 fully comp parked on the street with Bell Direct

I might traker it as that can bring it down somewhat RAC trackstar Monitor for for around £450 seems to be the one to go for

Associate
OP
Steve said:
nothing worse than bad flaps ;)

e46 m3, you know you want to, we need to muster our forces and take over the world muwuahahah

ahem... Sorry :(

slightly off topic but

SMG or manual? i need to decide 12 months in advance obviously :D

Associate
OP
Steve said:
How old are you mate if you don't mind me asking?

My insurance with 2 years ncb is £1100 fully comp parked on the street with Bell Direct

I might traker it as that can bring it down somewhat RAC trackstar Monitor for for around £450 seems to be the one to go for

Ive lost 3 years NCB so back to 2 and also obviously need to declare the claim so thats 30% extra.

Garaged in good postcode <9000 miles pa and cheapest I get is £1800. Am I doing something wrong?

Just tried directline for 2001 M3 = £1,955.10 :(
Elephant = £2235.45 :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
my sisters ex had one of them.. she hated it :p

a mate of mine tried a insurance quote on one.. he got quoted.. wait for it..

£8k lol

its the largest ive seen quoted myself lol normaly they just say no way :D

Back
Top Bottom