plasma res question

Soldato
was out looking at plasmas last weekend and it got me to thinking...panasonic don`t do a 1366 etc res screen,that i could find...but their vierra is always getting good reviews and yet has only a 1024x768 res.can someone please tell me why these look better and is 13666 worth getting over a 1024
thankyou
bit confused see :)

Associate
ANDARIAL said:
was out looking at plasmas last weekend and it got me to thinking...panasonic don`t do a 1366 etc res screen,that i could find...but their vierra is always getting good reviews and yet has only a 1024x768 res.can someone please tell me why these look better and is 13666 worth getting over a 1024
thankyou
bit confused see :)

Panasonic have some of the best screens around at the moment, Don't get too hung up on screen resolution, I have resently bought a Panasonic PWD8 and the resolution is only 852 x 480 but its regarded as one of the best standard definition screens around (Note, thats its a panel only and not a t.v.)

Its worth considering if you will be going High Definition or not. Remember a cheap H.D. set will not be as good with S.D. as a good S.D. set if you follow.

You seem to know a good screen when you see it so my advice would be to trust your eyes and compare screens side by side with the kind of feed you are going to be watching and don't get hung up on the numbers.

Avforums is a great source of info and advice by the way.

Good luck :)

Associate
Just try reading the text on your monitor from 10 feet. You can't distinguish the pixels at normal tv-viewing distances so the resolution is not that important - or so the theory goes. The main advantage of HD is going to be less blocky images especially during fast motion scenes.

Soldato
OP
well thanx for the input guys :)
mmmm sky hd is a definate no no...refuse to pay for stuff i will never watch,hate sport and much prefer dvd,so i can pause and go for a leak/get another beer etc
planning on getting a blueray dvd-hd whatever when they become available
also want to watch my anime/movies etc from my pc
i am not about to rush out but have only just started looking at plasmas recently and cant understand why a 1024 panasonic would look so good and why they have not used 1366 or higher res :confused:
unfortunately i am thinking 42 is the largest i can accomodate in my room :(
50 is REALLY pushing it on the physical size limit

Back
Top Bottom