Trip to Cardiff- Advice needed

Soldato
12 of us are going to the Cup Final next Saturday and I just wanted to pick the brains of my fellow OcUK'ers. We cannot get a room for the Friday night in Cardiff but have one sorted for the Saturday night of the game.

So, our plan is to travel down on the Friday and stay somewhere near Cardiff that would be good for a night out on the beers and close enough so we only have a short drive the next day. At the moment we have excluded Bristol as one of the lads used to work there and said it was no good for a night out and expensive so we are looking at Monmouth.

Anyone got any other suggestions of a town where we could stay that is near to Cardiff, good for a night out on the beers, friendly towards 12 footy fans and relatively cheap :)

Thanks in advance

Soldato
Chepstow is quite small town - an interesting place and only about 40 mins drive from Cardiff...

The Celtic Manor is arguably the best hotel in Wales and is located in Newport. This certainly isn't a dive.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Youstolemyname said:
excluded Bristol as one of the lads used to work there and said it was no good for a night out and expensive
:confused: :confused: Where did he go? Chav-hole Evolution or something :confused: :confused:

Bristol has some quality places to go out!

Soldato
bcjames said:
Hence the ':p'. I've never been for a night out there. I was a year too young when we had a house there!

Some decent places to go in Newport and also some crap ones. Just like anywhere else really...

Caporegime
monmouth? That's about an hour drive away, and it is a tiny place. You sure you can't find a place to stay in cardif? Try B&B in the near by places like Pontypridd, or something. that way you can still go out in cardiff on Friday and get a taxi back. If you have to go to another town that is close by. I sould say Swansea, as for Bristol, bad night out? I got a friend who went to uni there and he loves the place.

Soldato
Celtic Manor is good if you are loaded. Newport isn't that bad for a night out if you knows where to go bruv innit.

If you stay in newport, you can hop straight on the train and get to Cardiff central which is right by the stadium. Trust me, you won't be getting out of Cardiff for a long while after the game and wont get in to Cardiff for a few hours before, so the train makes sense. (You knows it clart!)

Ahem, anyway, if you are out in Cardiff on Staurday night, go somewhere like Aqua or Wish as they will be the only places not full up with drunken holigans.

Soldato
monmouth is lame, cheapstow is ok but not really if your looking for clubs, just pubs, few of my mates go to bristol now and then and like it altho i havnt been out there

come to lydney, we have kings, harrys and the swan!!!!

/sarcastic

Soldato
Westbound during FA Cup Sat 2005 (just over 2nd Severn Bridge):

image0323zv.jpg

Permabanned
Youstolemyname said:
12 of us are going to the Cup Final next Saturday and I just wanted to pick the brains of my fellow OcUK'ers. We cannot get a room for the Friday night in Cardiff but have one sorted for the Saturday night of the game.

So, our plan is to travel down on the Friday and stay somewhere near Cardiff that would be good for a night out on the beers and close enough so we only have a short drive the next day. At the moment we have excluded Bristol as one of the lads used to work there and said it was no good for a night out and expensive so we are looking at Monmouth.

Anyone got any other suggestions of a town where we could stay that is near to Cardiff, good for a night out on the beers, friendly towards 12 footy fans and relatively cheap :)

Thanks in advance

Why not stay in Caerphilly which is around 8 miles away and then catch a train down to Cardiff Fri night and come back by taxi early hours for 12 quid?

Back
Top Bottom